Chapter 10

While Nanna is sleeping we head to the phoenixes. They are more friendly than the dragons so Thor and Bucky also can come and say hi to them. When we get there, I realize that there are more phoenixes than on my last visit. I can only smile, because I know that it means only one thing, more love in the Nine Realms. "More have been born since our quest through the Nine Realms.", Thor tells us. I am walking among them and looking for Funí. Of course, I am curious about how my companion is doing. When I get to him, I can immediately see that something is wrong. His coloring is darker, and he looks like he is much older than yesterday when we last saw each other. His eyes look like there are dimmer than usually.

I hand Nanna to Bucky and start to feel if Funí has gotten hurt. "Funí, are you alright? What's wrong with you?", I ask him. He can barely lift his head and look at me. I start to cry. "Tell me, what can I do?", I beg him. He shrieks quietly and I can see that he is hurting. The other phoenixes are trying to keep him warm, while we think what we can do.

By Thor's suggestion I quickly find myself from the Records Hall of Asgard. There are books, deciphers, letters, and so much more. Thor believed that I would fine answers here. Bucky promised to take care of Nanna, so I buried myself in the books. I think that these records have never been organized. After spending an hour searching, I was able to find one letter about phoenixes, and it wasn't helpful. I am getting frustrated. Funí's life is in danger, and I can't help him. We tried to use mine and other phoenixes powers, but that didn't help. I am crying and begging for some sort of a sign or help. "Please, I need to help him. He is my companion, my friend. I love him and I need to help him.", I beg.

I look at the picture on the wall. I can see my mother smiling. She has been known by many different names, but on the picture she is referenced as the goddess of love. I know there is a connection with the phoenixes and love, so I try to ask for her help. "Mother, please! Help me! I need to save Funí. Please give me strength and knowledge to help him!", I beg for her help.

What happened next was something that just two years ago I would have said was just a coincidence, but right now I believe it is my mother's spirit guiding me. I could see a bright light focusing on a door that was almost hidden behind one of the tapestries that are hanging on the walls. I walk to the door and get inside of this hidden room. There are books, records, scrolls, and so many papers in nicely organized selves. Could this be my mother's own little study? I see books about healing, phoenixes, dragons, motherhood, magic, et cetera. I pick up the one book that the light stream hits, "Phoenixes – the proof of pure love".

I take the book with me and close the door behind me. I think that my mother would like to keep this room hidden, and I don't want anyone other to find it. I hid the closed door with the tapestry nearby. I walk to our room and while walking I realize that it is already night-time. When I get to the room Bucky is sitting on the couch obviously trying to decide whether he should come and get me to sleep. Luckily, I realize that Nanna is sleeping before I say anything. "I found a book that could help.", I whisper to Bucky and show him the book. "You are going to read it through the night, aren't you?", he then asks me. I look at him and he stand up and starts to leave the room. "I go and get you something to eat. You're going to need your strength.", he explains, and I respond to him shortly, "I love you!".

After Bucky left, I started to read the book. There is so much information that I didn't have before. "The story of the phoenixes begun eons ago. When the Nine Realms were created, and each race started to live their lives, race families, and reproduce, individuals found feelings of love towards each other. It is said that the first phoenix was born from the love between Odin and his wife Frigga. Frigga, the goddess of love manifested this creature by her powers. From that day on, new phoenixes have been known to be born when true love is surfaced." So, the first phoenix was created from my parent's love. It somehow makes sense. Phoenixes have been our family's companions through times, or at least until my father let them be taken away.