Chapter 20

Everything was getting back to normal. Or at least close to normal. The compound garden was finally fixed, and we didn't need to see the results of the explosion anymore. I have lately tried to spend more time with Wanda. Me and Nat took her shopping the other day, and she seemed at least little bit happier. I think that she is finally starting to move on. I know she won't forget Pietro, but we got her to realize that he wouldn't have wanted her to live in the past.

Spending time with Wanda and thinking about Pietro has made me miss my brothers. We haven't heard from them since the funeral, and that was two weeks ago. I know that we live in different realms and it's not like they use phones in Asgard, but usually Thor stops by now and then. I was talking about this with Bucky and Steve the other day and I think that they are starting to get worried also. I knew we need to do something.

I left Nanna to play with Nat and Wanda. They were having fun with stuffed animals. Bucky was training with Steve and Sam, and I decided that I would go and watch them train. Steve is getting better, and Bucky and Sam are trying to help him get ready for missions. We can't have our Captain America getting out of shape.

I sat down on a yoga mat on the opposite side from them at the gym. I could see them, but my actions didn't disturb their fighting. I started to meditate. I was trying to connect with Heimdall so that I could ask him about my brothers. It took a while, but finally I managed to connect with him. It was weird. It seemed like he was holding back for some reason.

"The king is busy with his responsibilities and the leader of our army is on a quest set by kings counselor. Please feel free to get hold of them some other way.", Heimdall told me. I open my eyes, and the guys suddenly stop their training because something burst in the gym. I got angry and for a second, my fire powers burst so that the guys startled. "That's bullshit! 'Please feel free to get hold of them some other way'. Bullshit!", I say out loud. The flames are surrounding me, and anyone can see that I am pissed off.

Steve and Sam haven't really gotten used to my fires, but Bucky is almost immune to them by now. He walks to me and lifts me up from the floor. "What is going on?", he asks me. I look at him and snap at him, "He is being an asshole! That's what is going on. So, I am not important enough to get to know what is happening with Loki and Thor? And who the hell is the counselor of the Asgard's king?". Bucky looks at me confused and I explain to the guys what Heimdall told me on our brief conversation.

"That doesn't sound right.", Steve said. He was looking at me, and because of my current mental state I just snap at him, "You think so?". I look away and immediately regret what I said. "I'm sorry Steve. It's not your fault. I don't know why I got so mad. Can you forgive me?", I ask him. He just smiles at me and pulls me into a gentle hug. "Everything is ok, Hails.", he responds. He is the only one that calls me Hails. I guess two names aren't enough, because he rarely calls me Hailey or Halla anymore.

After that episode, the guys go to change, and I go to check on Nanna. When I get to the lounge where I left Nat, Wanda, and Nanna, I can hear soft snoring. They are all laying on Nanna's play mat. Nanna is laying on the mat between Nat and Wanda. They are all looking like they have a great nap going on. I just stand on the doorway looking at them. Bucky is first to appear to the lounge and when he sees me just standing there, he asks, "What are you...?". I hush him. The other guys also made their way to the lounge soon after and hear me hushing Bucky. Steve whispers to me, "What is going on?". I smile at them and just point at the girls. We are all smiling now. I look at Steve and he looks at Nat with such a warming smile and I know that he really loves her.

The boys and I go to the kitchen. They sat down next to the counter on the bar stools, and I start to make some dinner for everyone. We keep talking about my interaction with Heimdall and wondering what is going on in Asgard. I was just finishing the salad and then I realized. "Why would he tell me to get hold of them in other way?", I ask the guys, and then continue, "He knows that Thor and Loki don't use the same kind of communications as we do here. I can't just give Thor a call and...". I realize what he meant. I put the knife down and look at the guys. "I know what he meant!", I say and finally start to get over my anger towards Heimdall.

I tell the boys my plan and go to sit on a chair next to the dining table. I close my eyes and start to think about Thor. I really need to practice my meditation and mental connections more. I know that it would be easier to connect to Loki, because he already possess the power to connect mentally. But I do know that our relationship hasn't been the same after the first meeting with Deliah. So, I decided to try and ask Thor what is going on.

I tried for a while. The girls had joined us when I finally opened my eyes. "No luck?", Steve asked me. I shook my head. The dinner was ready. The boys finished cooking while I was trying to connect with Thor. We all ate and talked about what was going on. We were thinking about calling Tony about all of this, but right now we didn't have any proof that something was wrong. Just the fact that my powers weren't strong enough to connect to Thor, and the weird conversation with Heimdall. We all decided to wait until morning and then talk with Tony.

After dinner, everyone kind of went on their own way. Bucky went to put Nanna to bed, and during that time, I decided to try again. I sat down on the floor in the lounge. I gathered my thoughts so that I was only thinking about Thor. I was sitting cross-legged, and I placed my palms on my legs so that my open palms were facing the ceiling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could feel my powers concentrating in to one specific place. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize that Bucky, Steve, and Nat had returned to the lounge, to make sure that I am ok. Just like always when I get to a good place during the meditation, I started to float in air. "Thor.", I whispered, but the others could also hear me.

It took a few seconds, but I started to see pictures flashing in front of my eyes. Is this how Wanda sees everything when she reads our minds. I see a battlefield, Asgardian soldiers, Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three. There were a battle and lot of casualties. The picture changes. I see Thor and his friends in Asgard. They are talking to Loki and Deliah. She is wearing an outfit that only the royal counselors are supposed to wear. What is going on. She whispers something to Loki, and he nods. Now they are in a new place. I have never seen a place like that. It is full of beautiful trees, flowers, and little animals. There is an ethereal aura in this place. I see soldiers dragging people that look like they are wounded. The soldiers aren't Asgardian. They are tall, slender men, with long blonde hair. I see their leader and he has piercing blue eyes. Why am I seeing this? Suddenly, I am observing the situation from inside of a jail cell. Even the jail in this place looks beautiful. There is a strong magical shield between the soldiers and the prisoners.

"We are here to help.", a familiar voice is telling the leader of the soldiers. "We were told that there was a stress signal coming from your realm and we decided to answer and help. You need to let us go. This is all a misunderstanding.". I look at the man that was speaking just now. It is Thor! He has bruises and cuts on his face, and he is bleeding. So are the Warriors Three and Sif. "You have no right to enter our realm. It is forbidden for every other race to enter Alfheim, except us, the Light Elves. You have disturbed our peace and broken the ancient laws. For this, you will be punished.", the leader of the elf soldiers tells Thor. The elves leave them be. Now they are just them in the jail. Thor and Fandral try to help with everyone else's wounds. Sif is in best condition. It looks like the elves don't like to hurt the females.

I look around and whisper again, "Thor.". This time he hears me and looks around. "Halla, is that you?", Thor whispers. I try to speak to him, but the connection breaks. Bucky is holding my shoulders and he is trying to shake me to open my eyes. When I do so, I can see that he looks worried. "Are you ok?", he asks me. I look at him little bit angry and respond, "I found Thor, I was connecting with him. Why did you startle me?". Bucky wipes something away from under my nose with his thumb. I can see that there is blood. I wipe my face and realize that my nose is bleeding. What is going on? Was I connected too long? I look at Bucky, Steve, and Nat, and just say out loud, "Something is wrong with Loki and Deliah. Thor and his friends are captured in Alfheim.".