Chapter 18

It has been four days since the attack. Me, Tony, Bucky, and Barton have been gathering information about the attack and Zemo. I told Tony and Barton about my dream, and we started to work on a theory of Zemo being somewhere in the Alps. Friday was able to get some information that helped us pinpoint where Zemo is. "We need to tell the others. We need to make a plan and bring him in.", I told the guys. After we put together a plan, we started to get everyone together and tell them, what we knew.

"If you are going after him, I am coming with you.", Wanda told us, when she heard about Zemo. Tony was against it, but we soon realized that there was nothing that we could do to keep her home. Barton, Wanda, Vision, Sam, and Bucky started to get everything ready for the mission. Tony couldn't leave because he had to take care some things with Peter. But Tony promised to help them.

On the day of the mission, Steve got back home. He is still in pretty bad shape, but he wouldn't stay at the hospital any longer. Me and Nat stayed home and decided to take care of him while others are gone. It took them two days to get back, but they found him. I bet it took a lot of convincing so that Wanda wouldn't kill him when they caught him. When they got back, Zemo was put to a holding cell that Tony and Bruce had made long time ago for the Hulk, just in case.

We gathered to the kitchen and the guys started to tell us what happened on the mission. "We got to the right place easily, thanks to Friday. It took a while to find a safe entry place, but we were able to get to him, without him noticing. He surrendered pretty easily, which was weird. He wasn't that chatty on the way here. We need to find a way to get to him. We need to know what the hell is going on. I think we should send Nat to talk to him.", Barton told us. Everyone looked at him and wondered why Nat. "I was trained to do this. I can get him to talk.", Nat responded from the doorway. We didn't even realize that her and Steve had entered the kitchen. They were holding hands and I could tell that their stubbornness was finally defeated.

Nat went to speak to Zemo. We observed the situation from the monitors. Soon after Nat entered the room, we heard someone entering the compound; Sharon was back. We went to see what is going on and found her at the lounge with two CIA agents. "We heard that you found Zemo. You can handle him in, we are taking care of him from now on.", she tells us. Steve enters the room and says, "Sharon, You shouldn't be here!". She looks at Steve and walks to him to give him a hug. Before Steve gets to stop her, I step in front of him, right between two of them. I look at Sharon and just say to her, "Did you already forgot our last conversation? He doesn't need you here, we don't need you here, and you have no authority here. Besides, what makes you think that this Zemo, person would be here?", I ask her, pretending that Zemo isn't in the cell. Sharon takes few steps back and responds, "Maybe you should mind your own businesses and let the adults speak. Steve, I am trying to help, you see that don't you?". Steve answers to her, "I have no idea, what you are talking about. If you have no proof that this Zemo is here, you can leave now.". Tony is seeing the humor in the situation, and he is just looking at Sharon, smiling, and waving his hand for goodbyes. I start to laugh little. "I am not going anywhere without Zemo. He needs to be put to prison. He is dangerous!", Sharon starts.

"Like we said, we don't know who this Zemo person is, so maybe you should go and search for him somewhere else.", Tony tells Sharon. She is really getting mad and trying to get close to Steve, but I am not moving away and now Bucky steps on my side and in between Sharon and Steve. Sharon orders the two agents to step outside, so that she can speak more freely. "Don't you realize that he is dangerous to every one of us. He has probably planned for his revenge since his family was killed by the two bombs in the building in Sokovia. He already tried to kill every one of you. We need to put him away or get rid of him some other way.", she said, and we started to realize the desperation on her face. "What do you mean with the two bombs?", Steve asked her, and before she could say anything, he continued, "Did you know about the bombs? Who is responsible for them?", he is yelling.

The two agents step back in, and they are going after Steve. Before they get to him, I use my powers to keep them frozen on the spots that they were at. "Wanda, read her mind!", Steve says to Wanda. And quickly, she is on it. Wanda uses her powers and starts to go through Sharon's memories about the mission in Sokovia. After a while, Wanda stops and looks at Sharon. "You did it! You placed the bombs that killed all of those civilians.", she then says to her. Sharon is looking at her and everyone can tell that she is now afraid. I free the two agents and they look at each other. "Agent, you are coming with us.", one of them says. Sharon looks at them and then turns to us. The agents take hold of her arms and puts handcuffs on her.

It takes a while, but we finally know what has happened. Zemo told everything to Nat. None of us saw what happened in the interrogation, and somehow Friday had nothing on the tapes. Also, Sharon started to talk almost immediately, when the CIA started to question her. The director of the CIA stopped by the compound soon after Sharon told them everything. He wanted to be the one telling us the news and apologize how everything was handled. We told Zemo, what we found out and he seemed like he was sorry about what happened to Pietro, Steve, and everyone else. It didn't change anything. He was put to high security prison to pay for his actions. Sharon was fired from the CIA; she would never work for the US government again. She was also sentenced to prison for quite some time.

It was finally over. We could move on. And the first thing to do was to make sure that Pietro could rest in peace. Wanda and I started to handle the funeral arrangements. We talked with Tony and decided to dedicate the most peaceful place of the garden as a memorial for the loved ones that we have lost or will lose.