Chapter 32

I am walking to the phoenixes. There have been new eggs hatching so I wanted to go and see that everything is ok. There is a toddler hanging from my hand and with the other hand I am trying to push the strollers that carries the little prince that is luckily sleeping. When we get closer, Nanna shouts, "Aunt Nat!", and she starts to run to her. I try to hush Nanna so that the baby won't wake up. When we get to Nat, Nanna is already there, playing with the phoenixes. "So, are you here for the baby phoenixes or Sigrun?", I ask Nat. She looks at me and smiles, "You know I like it here. They are just so gorgeous.", she responds.

"How is the little one?", Nat asks me. I look into the strollers and say, "Sound to sleep, luckily.". I let Nanna play with the phoenixes for a while. Me and Nat sit on a bench near their nest. "Can you believe that it has been almost year and a half since you two got married?", I ask her. She looks at her rings and shakes her head. "What is more unbelievable, is that we let the guys join the Asgardian army and leave us here while they go on their quests.", Nat tells me. I look at her and ask, "You miss the action?". We talk for a while. She tells me that she feels like there is something missing from their lives. She compares their life with mine and Bucky's. But I stop her there.

"You do realize that you can't compare your life with ours? You need to find what is important to your life and do everything you can to bring that to your life. Sometimes it comes as a surprise", I say looking at Nanna and then I turn to our little boy Vali, "and sometimes it is more planned. But it is always as important.", I say to her. I know that Nat can't have children. In her past, some people performed something that Nat calls "graduation". I see her looking at Nanna and a tear falls on her cheek. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.", I say to her. She shrugs her shoulders and just says, "It is in the past. I just need to focus on our future and find what makes my life with Steve complete.".

We hug each other and right then we hear the guards blowing the horns. The soldiers have returned from their quest. I tell Nanna that daddy is home, and she gets excited. We all walk to the palace to welcome them home. When Nanna sees Bucky, she immediately runs to him. "Daddy, daddy! Your home!", she screams joyfully. I pick Vali from the strollers and join my family. Bucky gives me a kiss and then strokes gently Vali's head. "Is he being a good boy?", he asks me. I nod and he gives me another kiss.

Nat is close to us looking for Steve. He comes little bit behind the Warriors Three carrying something. When Steve gets to us, he immediately starts to explain, "I am sorry, but I couldn't leave him there. He is hurt a little bit, but I thought that Hailey could heal him or something. Come on, look at him.", he says to Nat. Nat lifts the cloth that is wrapped around something. When she lifts the cloth there is a little bark coming from Steve's arms. "Only you can go to a fight and find a puppy from there.", Nat says smiling. I look at the puppy and run my hand above it. There is a slight glow coming from my hand and after it dims the puppy looks even happier. It jumps from Steve to Nat's lap.

"I agree, only you Steve can find a puppy from a battlefield.", I laugh. Then Nanna asks Nat, "Are you going to keep it Aunt Nat? Can I come over sometimes and play with it?". Nat looks from Nanna to Steve to the puppy. She hugs the puppy and says, "He is part of the family now.". Steve is celebrating slightly. I think that he has also noticed that Nat has been little lonely here. Steve pulls Nat and the puppy into a hug and kisses Nat on her forehead. I look at Nat and say, "And sometimes they are hairier than you expect.", I wink at her and she starts to laugh. The boys are confused and looking at us funny.

After the reunion, we all gather into the throne room. Loki had something that he wanted to tell us. After we all get there, Loki tells us his news. "Today we have made a progress in strengthening our relationship with Alfheim. I had a conversation with the Elf King, and he accepted my request.", Loki pauses. He looks at Ellard and I am getting nervous. "And?", I ask. Loki looks at me and smiles. "The King of Alfheim has given his blessing on me marrying Ellard.", he finally tells us. We are all celebrating. I hand Vali to Steve and go to give my brother a huge hug. "Are you serious? That is amazing! I am so happy for the two of you!", I tell Loki as I hug him. I then turn to Ellard, who starts to talk. "I know that you haven't had that good of a luck with people close to your brother, but I promise you that...", he says to me, but I interrupt him, "Please, I couldn't be happier that you two are getting married. Welcome to the family!". I hug him. Thor is also there congratulating them. Thor then announces, "This deserves a celebration!"

At that night we are having our little party for Loki and Ellard. The whole day they have looked so happy and so in love. We are sitting at the dining table; our friends are around us and everyone is smiling. I see my brothers happy with their partners. I look around and see our friend, the Warriors, Nat, and Steve, enjoying the party. I see my loving husband feeding our little girl and laughing with his best friend Steve. I see a little baby boy in my lap smiling at me. How could this moment ever be better?

I look at Bucky and he realizes that I am looking at him. He looks at me and asks quietly with little bit of worry in his voice, "What's wrong?". I look around and then look at him and our children. I give him a kiss and finally answer his question. I tell him, "For once, I feel like nothing is wrong. Finally, we are able to live our infinity. I feel like this is the time for new memories."