Chapter 22

"What the hell are you doing? Are you trying to kill yourself?", Nat is asking me. To be honest, she was almost yelling at me. I think that everyone at the compound woke up after that. They are all looking at me like I was actually dying. I try to speak to them, but they keep arguing with me, or actually without me because I had no reason to argue with them. So, basically they are now talking to me and getting angrier by the minute. "Enough!", I finally yell and stop them. I got them to shut up, but at the same time I managed to scare Nanna.

I pick up Nanna from her crib and start to hush her. At the same time, I start to tell the others what happened. Sam, Wanda, and Vision are also in our room now because they heard everyone shouting. After I told them, what happened and where Thor is, they told me what they saw. Bucky woke up at some point and instead of me just sleeping peacefully, I was floating in the air, just like when I meditate. But this time I was cover with a fog-like hue. I don't know what that means or if it is dangerous. I just know that I managed to find out where one of my brothers is.

"So, what can we do to help Thor and the others?", Steve asks me. I look at Nat and we exchange a look. Steve catches that and just states, "I am able to help. I am getting stronger, and I can't just sit around and wait.". We are still all just standing in our room. I know that Bucky is mad at me because I didn't let the things just go. I walk to him, Nanna still in my arms, and press my head against his chest. He looks at me and sighs loudly. He then wraps his arms around us and kisses my forehead. I smile because I know that he has forgiven me. We stand like that for a while, but suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my head.

I hand Nanna to Bucky and immediately after that move my hands onto my temples. I am now on my knees on the floor trying to cope with the pain. Bucky hands Nanna to Wanda, and then comes to me. He is trying to make me tell him, what is going on. He looks worried. I feel like the pain in my head has blurred my vision. I keep grasping my head and tears start to fall. Then it just stops. Just as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared. "What the hell was that?", I think to myself. If I only knew...

We put Nanna back to sleep. It took me a while to get her to fall asleep, but finally I succeeded. I then joined the others. They told me that they would go to kitchen to talk. But when I got to the downstairs, I saw them all huddled up in the lounge. "I thought you were on your way to the kitchen.", I say to them with a hint of confusion in my voice. Then I realize, they are not alone. Fandral is sitting in the center of their little huddle. He looks like he was beaten up even worse than when I saw him in my dream. "They released me, just like they promised. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that we can't just burst out of the cell, when they were releasing one of us.", he said to me with a hint of a smile. I look at him and realize that he was injured.

His wounds were easy to heal. Just cuts and bruises. Fandral thanks me and then greets Bucky like an old friend that they actually are. He then explains everything to us. We all know that there is no time to waste. Wanda and Vision stay at the compound. Someone has to take care of Nanna and Wanda is still not ready for missions. The rest of us gather gears, change clothes, and prepare to go on a mission.

I haven't done this in ages and right before we are leaving our room with Bucky, I get nervous. "What if I have forgotten everything? What if I can't help them?", I ask Bucky. I am sitting on our bed looking at my open palms. Bucky kneels in front of me and just reassures me about my powers. "Everything is going to be fine. You can do this and if needed, you can summon Funí to help you.", he says calmly. I just nod and then we join the others.

We all get into the aircraft and start our journey to Alfheim. Fandral is assisting Nat to fly the aircraft. Usually, Barton, who has retired by now, or Tony flies the aircraft, but we couldn't wait for him, and we actually didn't want to bother Tony and Pepper. We were almost in Alfheim, when Funí just appeared. I didn't even call for him. "What are you doing here?", I asked him. He looked into my eyes, and I realized that he was there to help.

It took us about an hour to get to Alfheim. Finally, Nat and Fandral landed the aircraft, and we were able to exit. Before any of us were able to step their foot on the ground, we realized that an army of Light Elves were surrounding us. Ellard walked to us and just look at Fandral. "The deal is done, when she uses her powers of healing.", Ellard tells Fandral. He then looks at me and slightly bows. "Ah, the long-lost princess of Asgard. Thank you for your help. I am Ellard, the leader of the Light Elf Armies and the prince of Alfheim.", he says to me like we haven't met before. I look at him and respond, "I am happy to help, but it is not like you left me any choices. I am Halla of Asgard, and these are my friends.", I tell him and introduce everyone.

Ellard asks us to follow him. We walk into the palace, and I can't help myself. "Where is my brother?", I ask him. He keeps walking and just says, "A prince's life for a prince's life. Your brother and his friends broke the laws that were written for a reason. This realm is forbidden to enter by other than Light Elves or our invited guests.". We keep walking and when we get close to a closed door, Ellard stops us. "Only she can enter this chamber. Only she and her companion phoenix.", he says. Bucky isn't happy about this, but I manage to calm him and make him realize that I am fine.

The guards on the either side of the doors open then gently and silently. Me, Funí and Ellard enter the room, while the others stay and wait. Now I know why I am there. On the bed is a man, that looks like he isn't doing that well. He is sweating, trembling, and now and there gasping for air. He is really sick. I walk closer and at the same time Ellard starts to speak, "This is my brother, Théoden. The first born and the heir to the throne of Alfheim. He was stabbed with a blade from Hel. Our powers aren't strong enough to heal his wounds. We are hoping that you can help him.".

I am standing on one side of the bed and Ellard moves to the other side. He looks worried and for a reason. His brother is not doing that well. All I can hope is that me and Funí are strong enough together to save his life. Otherwise, I think that our lives might be on the line. Ellard looks at me and I remember that he can read my mind. "I am sorry for your brother. I do everything I can.", I try to assure him.

I move my hands above Théoden's body. I am trying to sense where to begin. He was in really bad shape. Funí is now sitting in on the headboard of the bed. He is leaning above Théoden's body. My hands start to glow and before I can do anything else, Ellard grabs my hand and says, "If you hurt him...". I take my hand away from his grasp. "I am trying to save him. And I could use some help.", I say to him.

I concentrate my powers to my hands. I know that they are Light Elves, so naturally my first instinct was to use the power of light, but I realized that if the blades were made with dark magic, I might need something else also. My left hand is now glowing with this pure white light and my right hand is covered with pitch black hue. I can see that Ellard is concerned. "I try to extract the darkness and replace it with light.", I tell him and suddenly his expression changes. He looks more trusting. While I use my magic, Ellard starts to chant something in a language that I don't recognize. He looks at me and sees the confusion on my face. He then says something in that language and suddenly I can understand what he is saying. "That is elvish, right?", I ask him. He smiles, nods, and continues chanting.

He is using the powers of his people to help his brother. I continue to extract the darkness and then Funí flies closer to the wounds. He sheds a tear on the wounds, and they start to glow. I place my left hand on the wounds and Théoden's body starts to glow. It looks like the pain, poisons and everything evil is starting to leave his body. The darkness is moving to the wounds and slowly it gathers onto my grasp. Ellard hand me a glass vessel and I place the darkness into it. We close it with both of our magic, and the darkness in there looks like a black cloud that shimmers.

While I keep observing the glass vessel, Ellard hasnow turned to his brother, who is gently opening his eyes. "Ellard?", Théodenasks. His voice sounds like a whisper. I turn around and see Ellard hugging hisbrother. "I thought I lost you, brother.", Ellard says while getting teary. Hethen turns to me. "Thank you! You saved him.", he says to me.