Chapter 21

It took me a while to calm down and reassure Bucky that I am ok. I tell the three of them what I saw. We are all worried now, but we decided that we need to talk about this with everyone before we do anything hasty. We go to sleep, but I can't get my mind of Thor and the others. I close my eyes and just like before, I am with them again.

"Thor?", I whisper to him. He looks around the room again. I am standing behind them all. I focus my energy even more and I finally manage to make myself visible to them. It's not really me but some sort of projection of me. I am see-through but slightly visible. "I am here.", I whisper again, and they all turn around. "How did you do that?", Sif asks, but before I can explain, Thor interrupts me, "We don't have time for that. Something is wrong in Asgard. They sent us here for a mission because of a stress call, but there are no problems. Someone in the palace is an enemy.". I look at Thor and just say, "Deliah.".

They all look at me and at the same time they all come to the same conclusion. "But Loki wouldn't do this to us, not to me. I am his brother.", Thor says to me. I shake my head. "I don't think that Loki even knows what is going on. Or if he does, he can't do anything. I tried to ask Heimdall what is going on with you two and his answer revealed that something is wrong.", I tell them. We talk for few minutes, and I try to get enough information from them to try to fix everything. It seems impossible. "So, there is nothing we can do to help you?", I ask. They all look at each other and shake their heads.

We hear a noise. They all hide me behind them. I know that if in some point someone suspects that I am there, I need to leave. But how? The elf guards come in and stand close to the opposite wall. Someone else is walking in. I think that he is some sort of leader or royalty because of the guards' behaviour. He is now standing in front of Thor. "So, are you willing to tell us the truth? Why are you here?", he asks. He isn't like the other elves. The others have blue eyes, but this one has bright green eyes like emeralds. He has long blond hair and he looks strong and fit. He is wearing an outfit made from some sort of fabric that looks like it is tough but pliable. It is not leather, but something similar. He isn't angry like the others, he looks curious. Like he wants to know more about the Asgardians. Suddenly, he looks straight into my eyes. He keeps staring at me, while Thor speaks to him. But I know that he is not listening to Thor. How I know this because we are having a conversation of our own.

"I am Ellard. I am the king's second son. I am the leader of our armies. Who might you be, my lady?", he talks to me, and it appears that only I can hear him. He is using telepathy. I look at him and wonder if I can trust him, and then he continues, "You have entered our realm without permission and you wonder if I can be trusted?". I realize that he can read my mind so there isn't really any reason to hide anything from him or to lie. "I am Halla of Asgard. I was able to come here because I was worried about my brother.", I tell him.

He looks at me and the others start to realize that he can see me. But the other elves can't. I still don't know why he hasn't told them that I am there. "So, you are the long-lost princess of Asgard. Oh, your story is quite familiar to us. The princess of Asgard, taken by the fire demons, used as a payment of Odin's mistakes. I am sorry if I sound arrogant, it is not my intent. We were actually waiting for Odin to ask our help to find you, but apparently, it was not needed.", Ellard tells me. I respond immediately, "Well, it wasn't him who found me. I found my own way back to Asgard. But this is not about me, this is about them. What can we do to get them out of here?".

He looks at me and I can see that there is something that he is thinking about. He looks down and then back to me. "What kind of powers do you possess?", he asks me. I don't take that long to explain to him. "I can mainly handle my fire power. But I can wield the power of elements. I am also the protector of the phoenix fire and the mother of dragons.", I tell him. I can see his eyes light up. He is pondering something right now. I realize that he is thinking if he can trust me and how is he supposed to get me there, when I am not there right then. He stops our conversation and turns to Thor.

"So, the prince of Asgard, I think that we can make a deal that includes your release. Have you already found your lost princess? She was supposed to be powerful goddess, right?", Ellard asks. Thor looks at him confused. He knows that something is off about the conversation. He is trying to keep me safe, but this is not the place to lie. I whisper to Thor that he should tell him about me and my powers. "Yes, my sister is with us again. Her powers have grown during the years.", he says without knowing how this conversation could possibly do any good for them. Then Ellard asks the important question, "Is it true that your sister, the protector of phoenix fire, possesses the power of healing?". Now Thor is looking at everyone else. "How did you know that?", he asks. Ellard is not explaining to him. He just wants me to come to their realm. "If you can get her to come here and use her powers, we will set you and your companions free.", he tells Thor.

"How am I going to get her here?", Thor asks Ellard, who is just smiling and saying, "Maybe you can create a connection with your sister and tell her to come here. We could use her talents.". Sif coughs, "I thought that elves can heal every wounds. Why do you need her?". Ellard looks at her and there is slight anger showing from his facial expression. "When the weapon that was wielded comes from Hel, even our powers aren't enough.", Ellard responds to her with a grim expression.

Sif realizes that there is a real emergency. The others are also thinking that something is really wrong. But apparently Thor is the only one that realize what Ellard just said. "How is it possible? No one is able to break out from Hel. No one can wield the blades of Hel.", Thor says to him. Ellard isn't saying anything, he just looks at Thor. Thor then promises him, "If you let us go, my sister will help your people.".

Ellard peeks slightly behind him. The soldiers can't see me, but he can. He is trying to signal this information to Thor. Luckily, Thor understands him. "I need to go and get her here. Just let us go and we will return with her.", Thor tries to negotiate with him. But he just shakes his head. Only one of you will be released. That person is going to get the princess here to use her powers of healing.", Ellard states. Thor tries to be the one to get me, but the elves don't agree.

Something is happening to me. I am slowly drifting away from the cell. I whisper to Thor, and he turns around at the last moment to see me vanish. I don't know what happened to them after that. All I know is that the next thing that I see, is Bucky, Nat, and Steve trying to wake me up.