Chapter 17

For few days we were all shook. This really wasn't what we planned to do after the wedding. Nat spent all of her time at the hospital. She wouldn't leave Steve's side. We tried to get her to go home, shower, eat something, and sleep. But she wouldn't. I knew better than to keep pushing her to do something that she didn't want to. We tried to support Wanda and Nat as much as we could. I also had to keep Bucky busy because of Steve. They have been best friends for decades, so I knew that he was upset. Me, Bucky, and Nanna just got back from the hospital, when Tony pulled us to the side. "I found him. His name is Baron Helmut Zemo. His family was killed by the bombs that went off on that CIA case. I really hate to say this, but I think we have to talk to agent Carter.", Tony tells me and Bucky. We talked about Sharon, and we all agreed that bringing her here or close to the mission, would not be good for anyone.

That night, I finally make myself ask Bucky something that I have been wanting to ask him for a while now. We are in our room and just put Nanna down for her bedtime. "Can I ask you something?", I start slowly. Bucky looks at me and responds, "Anything doll.". I look at him and start to ask about the night before the wedding. "I talked with Nat on our wedding day morning, and she told me that Sharon was at the same bar as you guys were on the night before our wedding. What happened?", I ask him. He just looks at me and before he has a chance to answer, I continue, "I know that she was trying something with Steve, but what was going on?". I think Bucky was a little relieved that I continued and showed him that I don't think that something was going on with him and Sharon. "You know Sharon. She appeared from nowhere and started to go for Steve. He got rid of her couple of times, but she wouldn't stop. Nat got pissed and at some point she just left. The mood of the night changed when Sharon appeared. To be honest, I left right after Nat, with Sam. Steve was still trying to get rid of her. I asked him if he wanted us to wait, but he told us to go.", Bucky explained.

We went to sleep. During the night I kept waking up from time to time. Bucky and Nanna were asleep, so I just tried to fall back to sleep every time. I kept having a dream. I saw snowy mountains. A man was sitting on a cliff. He was looking at a picture of a family. Husband, wife, and a little girl. He looked like he was wating for something or someone. Suddenly, the dream changed to Steve and Nat. Steve was laying on a hospital bed. Nat was stroking his hair. She was bargaining with someone to let Steve be ok. She promised that she would take care of him, that she would finally tell him that she loves him. She gave him a kiss, and he opened his eyes.

Then, I woke up. I sit up and Bucky, who was already awake, was worried. "What is it? Are you ok?", he asked. All I could say was, "Steve.". Bucky looked at me and immediately took his phone and called Nat. She answered and told us that Steve was awake. She was just about to call us when Bucky called her. "How did you know to call me?", she asked Bucky. He looked at me and just told her, "Hailey saw it, in her dream.". I look at Bucky. He finished the phone call and told me what Nat just told him. I am still staring at Bucky. "That's not all I saw. I saw snowy mountains and a man sitting on a cliff. Bucky, I think it was him. I think it was Zemo!", I tell him, and he looks back at me with a worried expression on his face.

We get up to tell everyone about Steve. When we get to the kitchen, we see that Sharon is there by herself. "What are you doing in here?", I ask her already annoyed. "That is none of your business. I am here for the Avengers and for what I know, you are just a housewife for our Winter Soldier.", she answers to me. I don't know who is more annoyed at this moment, me, Bucky, or Tony, who just walked into the kitchen. "I think that I have told you multiple times that you are not welcome here. This is private property so get out or you will be forced out.", Tony tells Sharon. She puts on a smile and tells us that this time we probably want her around.

"Steve is still in critical condition, so you guys don't have a leader. The CIA has decided to step in, and I am now working with you. Until Steve wakes up and gets better, I think we should just keep it cool and at least try to be buddy-buddy.", Sharon tells us when everyone has gathered into the kitchen. Me and Bucky are laughing, and Tony is actually getting mad. "I think you should leave. Like I said, this is a private property that is owned by yours truly. So, why don't you just pick up your things and get the hell out!", Tony is ordering Sharon, that is now looking a little shook. I then continue after Tony, "Besides, Steve is awake, and he seems to be okay. At least according to Nat, who is there with him. And I think that they don't need you to bother them.". I smirk at Sharon and now she looks even more confused. "Don't you understand that this mission is too important to fail. You need us, you need me to find the bomber and take him in.", Sharon tells us. Now, even Tony is laughing. "You seriously think that we need your help? Just for a recap, I am Iron Man. We have one god, and one goddess, a Hulk, a witch with powers, two trained assassins, a former army man that can fly, two super soldiers, a synthezoid with powers, and few others on our side. Why on Earth would we need you to that group?", Tony is questioning Sharon.

She is now looking extremely uncomfortable. I am the only one that is laughing out loud to what Tony just said. "Shut up, bitch! You are the least helpful of this group. All you can do is take care of that little brat of yours, and you are not doing that good of a job with that either.", Sharon snaps at me. Now, I was getting mad, and so was the super soldier husband of mine. Before Bucky was able to step forward, I already handed Nanna, who was calmly sitting in my lap,  to him. "No offense honey, but you clearly don't have any idea, who you are talking to.", I say to her and step closer. "Not only did you just offend my daughter but at the same time you offended me and my new husband.", I told her, while walking closer to her. My powers were active now. You could see the flames from my eyes. When they ignited, she got scared. "And that has consequences.", I continued, and I was now surrounded by fire. Just the fact that she saw I had powers, got Sharon scared. After that, she left the compound.