Chapter 26

The beast is trying to attack me, and its head is only inches away from me. Suddenly, something wraps around its snout and closes it so that it can no longer get to me. I turn around and see Fenrir snarling at me while its mouth is forced to be shut by silver ropes. I then turn around and look up. Ellard and two other elves have arrived to help us. The other elves take hold of Fenrir, while Ellard helps me up and says, "I promised that whenever you need help we are there for you.".

Bucky puts the shackles on Fenrir's legs. When we get the situation to settle down, Bucky comes to me. He pulls me away from Ellard and secures me into a tight hug. He keeps me so close that it feels like he doesn't want anyone else to even see me. I whisper to him, "I am fine love. We need to move forward. Loki needs us.". He kisses me on my forehead, and I look up to his face. "Don't ever do that again. Okay?", he tells me. I give him a kiss. "I am fine. Can we now go and save my brother?", I ask him.

Before we move on to find Loki, Bucky turns to Ellard. He looks angry and frustrated. Bucky is standing right in front of Ellard and looks him in the eyes. To my surprise he then holds his hand towards Ellard and says, "Thank you for saving her. She is my everything.". Ellard looks at Bucky and then to me. He shakes Bucky's hand and says, "Your welcome! You do know that I saw her rings when we first met? It is not in the nature of my people to destroy love. And the love that burns with phoenix fire, couldn't be broken anyway.". Bucky looks at him and smiles. He nods to Ellard and then comes to me, and we continue our mission.

We walk deeper in the Dungeon, but we can't find him. Where is he? "Halla.", someone whispers. I turn around and ask, "What?". Everyone is now looking at me. "No one said anything honey.", Wanda answers. I look at them. "Someone whispered my name. Who else would it be than one of you?", I tell her. Then I realize. "Loki?", I ask out loud. Bucky was going to say something, but before he could do that, I shush him because I hear it again. "Halla, behind you.", the voice says. I turn around and stare at a stone wall.

I start to concentrate my power towards the wall. Wanda steps next to me, holds my hand and joins me. Together we manage to take down the magic that masked Loki's cell behind a wall. When the facade comes down, we see him. It takes some tries but we are able to take down the magic that keeps Loki in the cell. When he joins us, I go and give him a tight hug. I pull apart from him and hit him on his shoulder.

"It was her. I was right!", I say to him. He looks at me and nods. "You didn't have to say, 'I told you so.'. I get it.", Loki responds, and I can hear the shame in his voice. I give him another hug and when I step away from him I say, "Don't worry. I think someone else also needs to hear the 'I told you so.'. Right Bucky?". I look at Bucky and I know that he remembers the fight that we had last time we were in Asgard. I know that he remembers how he defended Deliah. "Fine, we were stupid. You were right!", Bucky says to me.

"Can you say that again the way that I can record that. It might come in handy in the future, or I could use it as my ringtone.", I say to Bucky while I walk to him and give him a kiss on his cheek. Loki finally looks around and sees everyone. "Who are they and what is the next part of your plan?", he asks me. I don't even get the chance to answer because Ellard is already speaking. "We are the Light Elves of Alfheim. And you are the king that denied our request for help.", Ellard says directly to Loki. He looks at Ellard and everyone can see the confusion on his face. I knew that Loki wouldn't do that. He wouldn't have just let someone's cry for help pass by.

"I was told that we had a request for help, but because one of our people was captured in Alfheim. No one told me that the royal family on Alfheim, requested help.", Loki tells them and then continues, "We would never deny request for help from our allies.". Ellard looks at the other elves. They speak something silently. "We can settle this thing after everything is ok in here. We came here to help the princess...", he finally says to us and nods at me while he continues, "and that is what we shall do.". The elves bow slightly to me and then take a stance.