Chapter 14

It is just few days until the wedding. Everything is looking good, and I can't wait to see our friends. For example, I haven't seen Shuri or T'Challa in ages. I have been busy with everything, and I have just realized that I haven't written my vows yet. I asked Bucky if he was ready with his and he looked at me nervously. I think that he has also forgotten it. We promised each other that we would write them on the night before the wedding so that neither one of us would see the other writing them. We knew that we wouldn't spend the night before together. Sometimes Bucky surprises me with his old-time charm and this was one thing that probably he took from the forties when everything was easier for him. He asked if we would spend the night before the wedding in different parts of the compound. It seemed important to him that we wouldn't see each other until I walk down the aisle. It sounded cute, but on that night I realized that also meant that I needed to take care of Nanna by myself.

On my "last night of freedom", we had a girl's night in. Bucky and the boys went out and we stayed in. I didn't want to go anywhere so it was great. Me, Nat, Wanda, Pepper, and Nanna were just talking in our room. We ate ice cream, talked about everything, watched movies, and just relaxed. We all have been making sure that everything is perfect for the wedding, so this relaxing time was just what we all needed. Nat tried to get us out and go clubbing, but I had Nanna with me, and I haven't really been that eager to go to a club. So, Nat had to settle with the night in. Nat did say that if things get boring she is going to go and join the boys, and so she did. It was about eleven o'clock when I started to get tired. Nanna was already sleeping, so we decided to wrap the movie night up. I told the girls that I still needed to write my vows, so they left me do it. I think that Wanda and Pepper went to sleep, but as promised, Nat went out and joined the boys.

"How am I going to be able to say everything, that Bucky means to me, in few words? This is so hard.", I was thinking to myself. I just started to think about how we first met and how we first interacted with each other in the shower. It took a while, but eventually I was able to write down what I wanted to say to him. I just hoped that he had the chance to do the same tonight, because tomorrow would be hectic.

I woke up in the morning and decided to get something to eat before we start to get ready. Nat was sitting in the kitchen, and she looked worried. "What's wrong?", I asked her. She startled, looked at me and just shook her head. She put on a smile, because she didn't want to burden me with anything extra today, "It's nothing that can't wait until tomorrow.". I gave her a hug and just responded to her, "Tell me. I won't continue getting ready for the wedding until you tell me what has happened. Did something happen last night? Is it about Bucky or Steve?". She looks at me and quickly answers, "Bucky didn't do anything last night. Actually, he was pretty boring because he wouldn't drink or do anything that the boys insisted. Steve on the other hand had company.". I can't believe what I am hearing. "What do you mean Steve had company?", I ask her. She tells me that Sharon had gotten herself into their group last night. She was making moves on Steve and separating him from the group all night long. Steve always got back to Bucky and the others, but in few moments she was back on to him.

"You do realize that she is interested in him, not the other way around. He likes you. You two are just too stubborn to admit to each other that you have feelings.", I tell her. She looks at me and there is a hint of a smile on her face. "Maybe tonight.", she smirks at me. We start to laugh. I grab some food for me and Nanna, and Nat joins me to my room to get ready for the ceremony. Wanda joins us little bit later and we do each other's make-up and hair. I still can't believe that I have found friends like them. I don't know where I would be if they weren't there for me.

We are starting to be ready for the ceremony. Nanna is in her little white dress, with pink flowers on it. She looks adorable. Nat and Wanda are wearing these simple, elegant, but sexy red dresses that are made of satin. They both look incredible. Their hair is slicked back and tied into a braided bun. We picked some orange orchids for their little bouquets. I look at myself from the mirror. The dress is perfect, and we have braided my long red hair back and added some flowers into the braids. I have neutral make up, because I know that Bucky doesn't like that much make-up on me. Then we heard a knock on the door.

People have started to arrive to the compound and among the first ones were our friends from Wakanda. Shuri has come to visit us before the ceremony because she wanted to give her gift. She made me a bracelet from gems that are found in Wakanda. The bracelet looked like it was made from dark silver, but Shuri told me that like my engagement ring, the bracelet was made from vibranium. On this shining beautifully decorated band there are eight different coloured orbs throughout the band. The orbs represent the different elemental energies. It really looks like the orbs I can create when I use my powers. I almost start to cry, but Shuri interrupts me, "Don't cry now, there is plenty of time afterwards and there is no time to fix your make up now.". We all start to laugh. Pepper came to pick up Nanna, she promised to take care of our little one during the ceremony. At the same time Shuri left to join his brother.

Next knock on the door and Loki appears into the room. Nat and Wanda nod to him and they leave us alone for a while. Loki was holding this box that was decorated with the Asgardian symbols and runes. He placed the box on the bed and then hugged me. "You look beautiful, Halla.", he told me and kissed my forehead. "Thank you.", I responded to my brother. He looked at me and I could tell that he was struggling to hold back his tears. He opened the box and started to talk. "Our mother would have been proud of you. She was the goddess of love and I think that choices that you have made would have made her extremely proud. When you were taken, Thor and I looked for you so long and we had given up hope. And then, you just appeared into our lives. I can only thank the universe that we got you back.". He then lifted out this beautiful diadem with silver and white gems. "We have been told that our mother wore this when she and Odin got married. I talked with Thor, and we hoped that you would wear this today. It is something from home and from our mother.", Loki said and was looking at me for approval. Now I am holding back my tears. I look at him and just nod. He places the diadem on my forehead and then hugs me. "I can feel that she is here with us today.", I tell him.

Nat knocks on the door and tells us that it is time. I look at Loki and with his magic he changes his clothes from the normal suit to an official Asgardian suit of the royal family. He looks amazing in it. Even Wanda tells him that, "Are all the Asgardians looking that good today?", she asks Loki. He smiles and nods. We start to walk towards the garden. Since Thor, my older brother is officiating, Loki is going to step in and give me away. We get to the garden, and everything looks beautiful. There is soft music playing and everyone is sitting down. I haven't seen him yet, but Bucky is standing in front of everyone talking to Thor. He is standing his back to us.

When we get closer, I can see Steve and Sam. They both look at me and they are both silent. "I hope that this is good silence.", I tease them. They are both still looking at me with their jaws dropped. Nat snaps her fingers and both of them wake up from their trance. "You look amazing.", Steve says, and Sam continues, "Bucky is a lucky man.". I hug both of them. Wanda then takes Sam's arm, and they start to walk to the altar. Nat looks at Steve and they both smile at each other. They walk to Sam and Wanda. After they left, Loki whispers to me, "Are they still not together?". I smirk at him and just respond, "Maybe soon.". They music changes to an Asgardian wedding song. We stepped to the beginning of the aisle with Loki. Everyone stands up and turns to us. Thor is smiling at me. Like in slow motion, Bucky turns around and we finally see each other.