Chapter 25

"That is not possible!", Thor says angrily when we tell the others what is going on. Sif and the warriors know what is up against us, but the others don't. I look at Bucky and I think that he is thinking the same thing as I am at the moment. Last time we met Hela, I almost lost him. He almost died. I can't go through that pain again. I won't! "Bucky...", I start but he interrupts me, "Don't even think about it. I am coming with you. I promised to you; 'I will always stand by your side, no matter what we are facing.'.". I look at him and smile. I go to him and give him a hug.

"Ok, so how are we going to get into Asgard? The Bifrost isn't an option.", Hogun asks us. Tony tells them about the aircraft, but we realize that we have too many people. Not everyone can travel by the aircraft. The quinjet, which is the other aircraft that the Avengers have, is not built to travel through realms. "I have an idea, but you might not like it.", I say out loud. Everyone is looking at me and I tell my plan to them. "No way! Can I do it?", Peter asks me, and Tony immediately forbids him. "Peter, if you are coming with us, which I still think is a bad idea, you are traveling in the aircraft.", Tony says.

I stepped outside the compound and sat down to create a connection. I am still not sure if this will work, but it is the only way. When I get back in everyone is looking at me anticipating, and all I can say to them is "we just have to wait and see.". It takes about half an hour and finally we hear an ear-catching roar outside. I walk outside and everyone follows me. I wish I could have seen everyone's face when they saw what has arrived at the compound. "Shit!", Tony let's out and before anyone can say anything, Steve responds automatically, "Language!". We all start laughing.

Before our eyes stand four giant dragons. Fornax, Manning, Manson, and Lisha has come to help us. "I wasn't expecting you two.", I say to Manning and Manson, after the greetings. They both snarl at me and the pull me closer with their tails. Thor tries to grab me before the dragons get to me, but he is too slow. To everyone's surprise, I am hugging these two giants. They look eviller than Fornax or Lisha, and maybe that's why everyone was worried for a while. Fandral is the first to really say anything smart, "I have forgotten that dragons are able to travel trough realms. Isn't that why people claim that they have seen dragons here before?". I look at him and nod. It was a great idea to study my mother's books last time we were in Asgard. "So, who is brave enough to hop on one of them?", I ask them while smiling.

We gather our gear into the aircraft. I pick Nanna up. "You are seriously going to fly a dragon with your toddler?", Barton asks me, and I just disregard his question by talking to Nanna, "I think it is time to get you to fly with your companion.". I look at Barton and smirk at him. He just turns around, starts to walk to the aircraft and shouts, "Suit yourself!". I climb on Lisha's back with Nanna. Bucky is trying to get himself together and get closer to Fornax. Finally, Bucky climbs on her back, and I think that it gives Thor and Sif some courage to climb on Manning's and Manson's backs. The others get into the aircraft, and we start our journey. First stop, Barton's.

Barton starts the aircraft and lifts it up from the ground. The aircraft leaves fast, but I know that the dragons are faster. Manning and Manson take the take-off as a competition, and soon enough they are flying right by the aircraft. I look at Bucky and Fornax, and then Nanna and Lisha. "Let's go!", I tell them. Bucky takes a stronger hold of Fornax and I create a force field around Nanna. I might be ok with her flying Lisha, but I am not stupid. The force field will protect her from the wind and from falling.

Soon enough we are at the Barton's ranch. His wife and children are already waiting for us. The kids are in aww when they see the dragons. They want to come closer and pet them, but Laura, Barton's wife, tells them to keep some distance. I walk to her holding Nanna. Barton brings Nanna's bag from the aircraft and gives it to his oldest kid. We talk shortly and I tell Laura everything that she has to know about Nanna. Bucky is standing right behind me. We both give Nanna a big hug. "I promise to you that we both will come back for you.", I whisper to her. I know that Laura and Clint heard me, because Laura almost started to cry, and Clint gave Bucky a tap on the shoulder. We all knew that there are no guaranties that all of us will come back.