Chapter 16: What Happened That Night?

Ethan helps to remember the consequences of that ill-fated night.

- Gella...our Adam... he...

After his words, you felt bad. It's not like you couldn't listen to him to the end because of the assumptions that you started building in your head.

Ethan hesitated.

Having gained strength, he continued:

- How are you feeling?

- Ethan! "you said his name with your teeth bared.

"..." he sighed. - Answer me.

- I feel great!

- Come on...

Ethan held out his hand to you so that you could get up from the bunk. Accepting his gesture, you left the infirmary.

***

When you went outside, you already met a completely different landscape. Not like he was in the village.

- Where are we? Turning to Ethan, you asked.

"We are in the lands of Vintus.

You looked at the man with a shocking look.

- Where?! How are we?...

***

!The actions take place on behalf of Ethan.

When you were approaching Hella, everything froze. Time has stopped. Stopped for everyone but you. Apparently, because of this, that your magic is an illusion...Most likely. You couldn't find any other explanations.

You saw dark clouds that began to swirl around the girl, and someone's silhouette. You've sped up.

BANG!

- Ah! - you twitched. - * What the hell?*

A bright light illuminated the darkness.

Lightning.

"A-A-A-A-A!" shouted Adam.

- * Oh, my God.*

From your speed, the ground began to loosen, and gradually you began to fall under it.

- * Not now-a-a-as-s!*

You were drowning in the soil.

The clouds thickened more and more.

You looked up.

- * What are they talking about?*

- N-e-e-t! - shouted a man's voice not far from you. "Don't do this, Hella!

- * Adam?*, - Adam! Where are you? - you started rowing with your hands on the ground, trying to get out of the mud.

Without lowering your head, you continued to look at Hella and...

- * Who is next to her?*

The girl and the Stranger were talking about something. Then Gella fell silent, began to approach the Stranger closer and closer...

- * What is she doing?*

- Hella, stop! - you shouted.

There's dirt in your mouth.

- Ugh. - you grimaced.

Gella stopped.

- * Phew...*

Flash.

- Eyes! - you closed your eyes.

BAM!