Chapter 25: Gray Canvas

A mysterious stranger, Austin continues to reveal himself from the other side.

A new day has begun.

A new day in the Tutor's prison.

A day that gives a ghostly chance of salvation.

Today you have to find the right "fee" that was announced to you earlier.

- *Grey cloth, green liquid, white necklace*.

You repeated the recipe for your salvation every minute in your head, as sleep was in no hurry to flood your thoughts.

- *Necklace...the necklace of the wife of the owner of the prison...*

You didn't understand how to steal a necklace from under the nose of a respected person.

- * What to do?*

Just like yesterday, you were woken up by the door banging: your supervisor was knocking on it.

- * I hope he's alone? I didn't have enough new bruises for him to increase his authority... * - you grimaced at these thoughts.

A voice came from outside the door:

- Can I come in?

You turned to the door.

-* One.*

Clearing your throat, you answered:

- Yes, come in.

The door swung open and they entered your punishment cell.

You shot a glance in his direction and turned to the sink to wash your face.

Taking water in your hands, you brought them closer, cooling your face, asking along the way:

- What do you say your name is?

- Austin.

- Nice to meet you, Bella.

The young man squinted.

- What's your name? Bella?

- Exactly, - you came up to the towel. - Is something wrong?

He bit his cheek.

- no...nothing. - he said in fragments.

You shrugged your shoulders.

- Where to now?

- Eat.

- Lead me.

You put both hands forward, waiting for him to fasten heavy rings on them.

He reached into his belt, pulling out the shackles.

Click.

Iron bound your wrists, and you began to move out of the room.

***

After going around the circles of the prison, you came out on a spiral staircase that you had not seen before: it was thinner than the others, its railings were sharper, in fact, like the steps.

- * Unlucky people with thin soles...Are they so sorry for the food?*

Your feet felt like they were on the edge of a knife. Despite your thick sole, there was an unpleasant feeling that you were walking almost on the blade.

- I'm sorry..Sorry. - you pulled the chain by which you were being led.

- what?

- Why is everything like this here..sharp?