Chapter 28: Time is running out.

What is a "Black Moon"?

Your hands were buried in sticky, dough-like mud. From each press, she absorbed your palms with a characteristic slurp, then her fingers, not getting enough, moved to her elbows. Old branches hidden under the swamp, broken off trees nearby, were eaten into the body. The blood coming out of the newly received wounds began to mix with liquid muck. This only made the body ache more.

Bam.

Gathering the remaining strength, you hit the ground with your fist in order to create a voluminous, dry surface of the earth, but only a small island turned out, on which you rushed like a whale before death...

Cold water began to encircle your body, sharing coolness with you.

- * Now...now... a little more. Chu-I'll rest a little and continue...*

The eyelids began to fill with heavy lead, gradually closing them. You tried several more times not to fall asleep, fearing that you would not wake up again.

Memories of my brother, Ethan, began to crash into my head...Adam, about ro..di..te..ly...

After taking your last breath, you lowered your head like a doll, as if the puppeteer had left you.

***

- After the brothers killed each other, my body did not belong to me, that is, all the actions were done not by me, but by someone else...

- Moussaka... Dustri replied.

- Who?

***

Only the word escaped from your mouth:

- Mu... saka...

The darkness has crept up on you from behind, letting in its sharp claws. At least she didn't get close to her heart.

***

- Ethan, hurry up here! I found her!

Ethan's footsteps came from behind. His clear slaps on the water made me open my eyes. The guy bent over you, removed strands of hair from your neck, pressed it with his fingers.

- A-h! - you bit your lips to stifle a scream.

A blue glow lit up on his hands, cooling the place of touch.

Adam touched your hand, which was lying lifeless on the ground. Gently, soothingly. He ran his thumb over the palm of his hand. You smiled fleetingly.

- You are here... - you closed your eyes, releasing a tear from under the dome of your eyelids.

Adam turned his gaze to his friend, asking:

- What should I do now?

- We need to hide it somewhere. Take her away from this prison.

- Do you know such places?

A small key, which wanted to break out of the ground nearby, was able to blur the stones interfering with it. The pressure began to increase, creating a puddle in which the rays of the sun played. Stronger, stronger, even stronger. And so the puddle broke through further, creating a small stream that cut its way to swimming.

The current is heading towards you. Water tentacles, like snakes, began to envelop your fingers, passing to your hands, up to the elbow, along the neck, getting under your clothes. A moment later, a blue particle of light burst out of the ground, illuminating the octopus tentacles.

- Mt.

The water element began to penetrate to you under the skin, through wounds, helping the body to tighten them faster. Soon most of the wounds disappeared, but some, especially deep ones, remained.