Fighting

A/n: requests are open if u want to ask :) (they'll most likely be made into one-shots bc i already have three series' going on and yh haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul walked with Duncan across the field. It was eight thirty at night and Paul had just arrived at the Swordsman training grounds. They walked across the shortly clipped grass and towards the cafeteria as Duncan talked about the daily training routines and night sleep schedules.

The duo stepped into a hall that was bustling with tall, burly men. A sea of blonde, black, brunette, and red hair moved around as they went from the front serving table to the long cafeteria tables that lined the hall.

Everyone was in a grey shirt that had their last names stitched on the back and black cargo jeans and heavy-duty boots. A few ment, like Duncan, had long hair that they kept in small plaits or buns, or they had their hair cropped short against their heads.

'Idaho!' A loud voice boomed across the hall. 'Come, sit!'

'Shaw! My man!' Duncan reciprocated the same, excited energy as he and Paul walked over to where the voice came from. It belonged to a tall, tanned man with buzzed blonde hair. He had dark piercing  eyes and a pointed nose that seemed to jut out of his face aggressively. 

'Phillip Shaw, Duke Paul Atreides,' Duncan introduced Shaw to Paul. 'Paul, this is a friend of mine, Phillip Shaw.'

'Good evening, Mr. Shaw.' Paul smiled.

Shaw extended his hand in a polite handshake. 'Call me Shaw, everyone does, Duke Atreides.'

'Only if you call me Paul.' Paul told the man.

'Are you hungry, Paul?' Shaw questioned. 'It's pool night tonight.'

'Pool night?' Paul frowned, he had no idea what that meant.

'It's basically all last week's food brewed into a soup.' Duncan explained. 'It's honestly not that bad. We're lucky that pasta or pizza wasn't on the table for Sunday.' He laughed.

'That sounds, interesting.' Paul nodded, not sure whether he was up to eating a stew-of-everything.

'It's not bad at all. Trust me.' Duncan smiled at his friend. 'I'll get us a bowl, Shaw, can you take Paul to our table?'

'With pleasure.' Shaw agreed. Duncan nodded in approval and went to get his and Paul's dinner.

'You're going to love our table.' Shaw told Paul as they walked to the very back of the hall. He started pointing out the three guys who were already sitting there. 'That's Toby McGinty,' Shaw pointed to a short, stubby man with an overly wide face and deep-set eyes, he looked unnaturally pale which gave him a ghostly look, 'or Ghost.'

'I see why.' Paul mumbled.

Shaw laughed loudly and continued on. 'And next to him is Hugo Fowler. And next to him is Mosas Putt.' 

One thing about Hugo Fowler stood out to Paul. The man had a large amount of bright red freckles. So much so that they reached from the top of his forehead, to the tip of his chin, and spread from ear-to-ear. His hair matched his freckles, an umber red. Mosas Putt had brown hair that was pulled back into a braid that sat slightly over his muscular shoulder, he looked as though he was all-muscle-no-fat. He was laughing at something Hugo Fowler had said when the two reached the table.

'Fowler, Putt, Ghost, this is Duke Paul Atreides.' Shaw said.

'Nice to meet you.' Paul dipped his head politely.