Angel Wings Part 1

A/n: Heyyy, so um i recently jumped back on the Harry Potter train after low-key forgetting about how amazing it is. I then (naturally hehe) started writing George Weasley fanfics because thats my only talent, so check it out if you like Harry Potter :) thankssss enjoy

----

Children who die at a young age are given a very special role in the afterlife: they become invisible friends, assigned to other children who need them back in the living realm. 

You died when you were three weeks old from premature birth. The first memory you have was  a large figure with massive light golden wings hovering over your small body. You lifted up your arms, your hands clapping together at the sight of the warm golden light. 

'My dear child,' said a foggy voice, 'you are too young to understand now, but your death was very necessary. You are to look over someone who will need you in the future. You will look after him, help him make the right decisions.'

Your little baby face looked up in confusion.

'You will call me Coelestis.' The angel, Coelestis, said. 'You will be happy, trust me.'

Coelestis' blank face then bent down and booped you on the nose, making you giggle. 

From that moment on, you looked over your person, Paul. You could see him every day, every moment, you were like his conscious. 

One day, when Paul was sleeping, you felt a sudden jolt, you knew that feeling. It meant that Coelestis was looking for you. You squeezed your eyes shut.

'hic sum.' You muttered, which was Latin for I'm here. Suddenly, your eyes were flooded with golden white light and Coelestis' large figure loomed over you.

'My child, I have summoned you here because I have some important news for you.' They said. 'Paul is about to make some decisions, and due to this, I must send you down to love among him.'

You stared at Coelestis in disbelief. You'd never heard of something like this to happen before.

'You shall walk beside him, and look after him. Not like you do now, but psychically protect him.' Coelestis explained.

'How?' You asked, too dumbfounded to say anything else. 

'You will walk on Arrakis as a Fremen, they would all think you are an orphan, with no friends or family, but they will know you. You would be able to see me and hear me, but nobody else can. However, when you talk to me, they will hear, so you must be cautious.' Coelestis said.

Your head spun with the news, making your stomach feel fuzzy. You'd always dreamed about meeting Paul, but it was always after he died, you didn't think that there was any way that he could've been with you at that time. 

Devan went on about the rules. Each one you'd expected, obey Coelestis, whatever they say you must do, constant communication is key, you cannot show your true form, and never, under any circumstances grow emotionally attached to a being. 

'Why?' You asked when that rule came along.

'Because it is very dangerous for you.' Coelestis explained. 'Your mind won't be as clear and strong-willed.'

'What's the punishment if I break the rules.' You asked.

Coelestis' face remained calm, their golden eyes focused on yours, their lips softly opened and in a soothing yet strong voice spoke. 'You would be banished from the afterlife.'

-

The first thing you realised is how hot you were. Arrakis was hotter than you'd thought, which was foolish seeing as it was a desert. You looked down at your body, instead of having the never-ending glow around pure white robes from the afterlife, you wore a grey stillsuit.