Good. Good.

Requested by @ezzie246 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul first noticed he looked at you a bit differently about three months ago. You were wearing your usual grey lounge clothes with fuzzy pink socks, it was nothing that he hadn't seen you wear before. For some reason, Paul thought you looked adorable curled up in the corner nose-deep in a book. But when you looked up and smiled at him, he lost words. They just... weren't there. 

Paul shook it off as a weird one-time experience until the next day when you dressed up in a nice black dress. Suddenly all Paul could think about was that damn dress and how beautiful you looked in it.

He found himself getting more and more flustered around you. When you'd smile at him, his heart skipped a beat, when he smelled a hint of your perfume he blushed, everything he did reminded him of you which brought a heat into his chest or butterflies into his stomach.

You'd first noticed his odd behaviour when you wore said black dress. Paul stared at his feet pretty much the entire time, and when you did manage to catch his eye. His face went a bright tomato red. At first, you thought it was just a one-time experience. Until it happened time after time. Paul was a heap of stuttering and blushing and shuffling feet. 

You then decided to mess with him, not in an evil way, but a cute way. You made your hugs last a tad longer, lingered looks and a brush on the hand while walking. You'd even make a point to sit on his lap once or twice when there was nowhere else to sit. You loved watching him stumble over himself. You could clearly tell he liked you more than just a friend.

Jessica pulled him aside one day to talk to him. She sat him down on his bed and looked him dead in the eye.

'What's going on, Paul?' She asked.

'What do you mean, Mother?' Paul was confused.

'You seem to be... flustered around Y/n.' Jessica tried to gently push the conversation along.

'Oh. Yeah, that.' Paul looked down at his hands, trying to hide the smile that crept onto his face at the mention of your name. 'I don't know what's going on. I'm not sure what this is.' 

'What do you mean?' Jessica asked.

'I mean, when I see her, I smile, when she smiles or talks to me I get butterflies, I keep thinking I'm smelling her perfume, and I can't stop thinking about her.' Paul listed the things off on his fingers. 'This is weird, I've never had it happen to me before.'

Jessica smiled softly and took Paul's hands. 'Paul, honey. I think you might be in love with Y/n.' 

'What!? No! Ew!' Paul started to scoff. 'Gross- ohhh.' He suddenly realised. Paul slouched down, realising his mother might be right. 'You might be... right.' He said, it was more of a question than a statement. 

'That's how I knew I was in love with your father. I was always flustered around him, my heart skipped dozens of beats.' Jessica rubbed Paul's back. 'You should tell her.'

'What!?' Paul squeaked. 'How... why?'

'Because if you don't, then she might never know.' Jessica put her hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. 'If you truly love her, you'll tell her and respect her answer. If she truly loves you, as a friend or otherwise, she'll respect what you have to say.'

Paul thought for a moment, on one hand it could go really well and you two end up dating, on the other hand, he would have to live with the embarrassment of knowing he professed his newly discovered love for you and be completely rejected. 

'Just think about it for a bit.' Jessica said. She kissed his forehead, then left. 

Paul laid down on his bed, he knew what he had to do.

~

'Where are we going?' You asked. Paul had snatched you up from your house one late afternoon. 

'Like I said before, it's a surprise.' Paul smiled. He had planned something for you, something romantic.

'Ok, let me guess.' You bit your lip. 'You're wearing dark not white or cream pants, meaning you're planning to sit on the ground, meaning grass or dirt.' Paul opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it because he thought it would be funny for you to think it through. 'You told me to change into something comfy, so either we're going on a hike, or you want me to feel comfortable where we're going which would mean that we're going somewhere secluded.'

Paul just nodded, smiling to himself. He loved this side of you. 

'I don't know this area, but judging on the lack of humanisation but how many birds and animals there are,' you glanced around at the wildlife, 'there is a water source nearby. Then meaning we're either going on a lakeside stroll or pre-prepared picnic.'

'You, Y/n are a regular sleuth.' Paul grinned as he pulled back a bush that lay in your path. 

It revealed a large lake, sunlight glittering off the crystal clear water. A small picnic was set up by the lake bed, a small basket with cups and a blanket.

'Woah.' You breathed, taking in the sights and smells of this new space that you'd already fallen in love with. You immediately turned to Paul. 'Okay, so what's the catch?'

'Catch? Why is there a catch?' Paul stuttered. 

'It's not my birthday or a special occasion, meaning there has to be a catch for you to bring me a place as special as this.' You gestured to the area. 

Paul led you to the picnic blanket and sat you down. 'You have to promise me you won't run away.'

'Alright, I promise I won't run away.' You laughed through your frown.

'Look... I don't know how to say this. You're one of my closesed friends, my best friend. And I never expected this to happen, ever. Like ever.' Paul sighed. 'But recently, I've started to... feel different... towards you. I really, really, really like you, Y/n.' Paul paused to gage your reaction. 

'Oh that's it?' You laugh, not in a mean way, but in an I-already-know way.

'What... you.. you do?' Paul shook his head. 'How?'

'I have never seen you show more obviously your emotions.' You smiled. 

'Oh...' Paul felt a red-hot blush creeping up his face. 'So...'

You leaned forward and pecked Paul on the cheek.

'What's that supposed to mean?' Paul's fingers slowly touched his cheek. 

'It means this.' You pecked him on the cheek again.

'Right, I might clearly show my emotions but I can't clearly read them. What?' Paul felt his blush slowly fading. 

'It means I might really like you too and want to give this a shot.' You took Paul's hand.

'Good.' Paul felt the blush come right back.

'Good.' You smiled sweetly.

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3