Toothbrush

You held your hand over your mouth as you looked at Paul, trying your hardest not to laugh.

'Don't. Say. A. Word.' He glared at you. Jokingly, of course, almost everything Paul did with you was jokingly.

'Mmhm.' You nodded while trying to stifle the fit of giggles that were fighting its way up your throat. 

Your whole life, all you'd known Paul to have was long hair. It was beautiful, each curl was moulded as though done by a God. They'd always had a way of turning your glum days into happiness, when pared with Paul's eye-catching smile. Now, his head was almost bald, you could see his scalp through small spikes of hair growing from his head.

'This is stupid.' Paul huffed, running his hand over his prickly head.

'No, no.' You choked out. 'It's not stupid.'

'Really?' Paul looked at you.

'It's fucking hillarious.' You burst into a massive fit of laughter. 'What the hell happened to you? I mean, you look like what would happen if a cactus and an egg had a baby.'

'Gee, thanks for the support.' Paul rolled his eyes.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry!' You said through giggles as you grabbed Paul's hand. 'Why- why would you do this?'

'I gotguminmyhair.' Paul mumbled.

'What?' You couldn't understand the jibber jabber coming from his mouth. 

Paul sighed deeply as though preparing himself for something, which, in retrospect, you realised is your bullying.

'I was chewing some gum, a big wad of it, and I fell asleep.' He squeezed his eyes shut. 'It spread in my hair and got a lot of it tangled.'

'What?' You snickered. This was too good. 'You mean, you fell asleep with freaking GUM in your hair and you had to cut it out?'

'Mother did it.' Paul shook his head. 'It's so stupid.' He hung his head.

'No, Paul- actually, it is kind of stupid.' You agreed. 'But I mean, I think you could pull short hair off.' You stepped closer to him.

'Really?' He asked.

'Yeah, you'll just have to remember that you're going to go through a toothbrush faze.' You snickered.

'You're going to have a boyfriend with toothbrush hair.' Paul gasped dramatically.

'Yes, but a cute one that I love.' You kissed Paul.

'Hmm, I think I can handle some toothbrush hair for that.' He smiled against your lips.

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3