Gone

a/n: sorry about not posting for so long, but merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy New Year! Whatever you celebrate! Hope this year goes great and a shit ton better than this story :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul held you in his hands. He smiled at you, everything was alright.

But you knew it wasn't. You knew that it was horrible, that the blade that was passing through your torso was not just a scratch or a little cut. It was the end. You were dying.

'Y/n.' Paul whispered, his voice shaky but strong.

'Paul, darling.' You reached your hand up and stroked his cheek. 'You are beautiful.'

And he was; standing there in the golden sunset glow of the Arrakis sun. His face was highlighted perfectly, his nose and beautiful lips were defined. Oh, those beautiful lips. The first ones you'd ever kissed. The first face you'd ever said 'I love you' to and really meant it.

It was one in the morning, and you'd wandered out of your house near the Palace at Caladan and found yourself at the beach, sitting just above the waterline so your feet were the only part of your body getting damp. You'd been kept up all night thinking about how the next day, well technically later that day, you'd be attending a ball on Paul Atreides' arm. The same Paul Atreides that you'd had a massive crush on for years.

The sound of feet startled you. Jumping slightly, you spun around to see none other than Paul. He laughed at you as you sat down.

'Jumpy?' Paul winked.

'Well it's one in the morning and I wasn't expecting anyone else to be here.' You sighed and turned out to stare at the moonlit water. You and Paul sat in silence for a long time.

'Are you excited about the ball?' Paul asked.

'Yes, I think it will be a lot of fun.' You replied sarcastically. The Caladan balls are mainly all talk and no show. It's a lot of ballroom dancing and chatting, not exactly your forte. 'Are you?'

'Yes.' Paul answered genuinely. You starred at him in shock. 'Only because I get to have the most beautiful young lady in all of Caladan on my arm.'

You gawked at Paul for a split second, moments of wondering whether he liked you back rushed through your head before you pushed them away. You then burst out laughing.

'What's so funny?' Paul asked.

'Are you trying to flatter me, Paul Atreides?' You said between giggles.

And with that, your giggles were cut off. The feeling of his soft lips pressed against yours made your stomach twirl and fly miles high.

'I guess I am.' He said as he pulled away.

One year had passed since the ball, and you and Paul sat on the roof of the Palace, your special place. You had found it about one month after you and Paul had your first kiss and he'd asked you to be his girlfriend up there.

'Why, hello.' Paul kissed your cheek from behind you.

'Hi, darling.' You waited for him to sit next to you, then snuggled up beside him. 'How are you?'

'Great, now that you're here.' Paul whispered. Dim moonlight spread across the beautiful planet, letting you see miles out to the water.

'It's beautiful tonight, isn't it?' Your voice was very quiet.