Angel Wings Part 3

a.n: I am taking any suggestions if you guys have any :))) I will tag you unless you say you don't wanna be :)

This story was requested by: @ezzie246

----------------------------

Ever since Paul got to the sietch, he'd had an insatiable itch. It gnawed at the back of his mind, he could swear he had lost something. When he told Chani, she said he must just be tired, not taking him seriously. He couldn't figure out what had been eating at him for all these weeks. 

Two months had passed and every night he dreamed the same dream.

A girl with a seemingly shapeless silhouette was standing on the rock formation where he first met the Fremen after escaping the sandwarm with his mother. A large robe draped over her shoulders and fluttering around her ankles. It cast a shadow over her face, preventing Paul from seeing it. She'd utter his name softly over and over again, then said something along the lines of 'I can't kiss you. Coelestis will punish me.'  The figure's angelic voice rang in his brain.

Paul would try to call out, but his voice was gone, he couldn't speak. He'd try to move, but as soon as he got close, and he saw your chin and lips and he thought he could get close, he would be thrown back in a heap of sand and would start all over again.

Paul always woke up frustrated, unsure of who this girl was. Finally, he decided to talk to his mother.

'Dreams can mean many different things, Paul.' She said as she thumbed through the page of a book. 'Typically, if somebody dreams of another being, it is usually a reflection of how you feel about them in your life.'

'But I don't know who this figure is, Mother. I see her, I can hear her, but I can't see her face nor can I get close enough.' Paul leaned forward. 

'Maybe your memory is blocking something. Maybe you're blocking a memory and that's distorting what you see.' Jessica put down the book. 'Maybe tonight when you sleep, instead of struggling, just relax. Listen to this figure, maybe she is trying to tell you something but you're too despite to see her to hear her.'

'Okay, yeah. I'll try that.' Paul said.

That night as he went to bed, he dreamed the same dream.

Paul found himself on the rock formation. The figure with her cape standing at the top, looming over him. 

'Paul...' her voice was soft, 'Paul... I can't kiss you, Coelestis will punish me.' 

Paul listened, being careful not to move a muscle. 

'Paul... Coelestis will punish me. Paul... I love you... I lost my life loving you... I will always love you... Coelestis will punish me, Coelestis will punish me, Coelestis will punish me.' The figure started to slowly move forward. She almost floated over the rocks.

As she approached Paul, he started to panic. What did she mean, she lost her life loving him? Who is Coelestis and why would they punish her?

'Remember me when I'm gone. Come find me when you're gone.' The figure started to speed towards Paul. 'Find me when you're gone... when you're gone.' It suddenly crashed through Paul.

He woke up with a sweat, drops of water sat on his eyelashes. He had no clue what just happened. 

Paul ripped out a notebook from his nightstand and frantically wrote everything he could remember down.

Paul went through life reading and re-reading that same story, the girl's words in a never-ending cycle in his thoughts. His children read the story, and so did his grandchildren. They all thought it was a silly little game, and Paul went along with it.