Unsafe Part 2 (Ending Two)

oa/n: hey guys, so I got a request from @Malamistka to write Unsafe to a happy ending, so that's what I'm going to do! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said nothing as the officer tied you up and yanked you too your feet. As he swung you around, you saw Paul. His face tear streaked and eyes red. Yet at the same time, he showed little to no emotion.

You just silently cried as you got out in the back of a van that took you up to the Palace jail.

Heart broken, you got taken down to the cell.

'You know that this means death, right?' Asked a young officer who was of duty as he held up your papers.

'Yessir.' You muttered. 'May I ask how they found out?'

'Apparently a cleaner was doing a deep clean of Master Paul's desk and found a pregnancy test in the back. They suspected it was planted there or something so they sent it off to DNA.'

'And because they take DNA of all staff, they traced it back to me.' You whispered.

'Yes.' The officer turned back to his post.

The rest of the night, you had to hold your burnt hand against the cold stone wall to keep it from hurting, while your eyes felt like raging fire balls from tears.

It must've been just after midnight when you'd fallen asleep, but soon where awoken by a soft mumble.

'Y/n?' The voice was familiar.

'I don't want to talk.' You whispered hoarsely, throat sore from crying.

'Please...' the voice, Paul's voice, pleaded. 'Please...'

You turned to Paul, and he saw the pain in your eyes. They were almost pure red, bloodshot, your cheeks looked as though they'd been sunburnt even though there was no sun in there, you'r lips were puffy and swore, your throat visibly swollen, your hand was torn up.

Paul's eyes shifted away.

'Look at me.' You demanded. 'Paul Atreides, look. At. Me.'

His eyes slowly drifted back over to yours. They were full of hurt, bloodshot but not like yours.

'Couldn't you have hidden it better? That's all you had to do.' You cried.

'I'm sorry.'

'Do you know what's going to happen? Do you know the law? I'm going to die, Paul. They're going to kill me.' You whispered. 'Please go.'

'Y/n-'

'Go, Paul.' You felt more tears welling up in your eyes.

'I know how to let you go free.' Paul said.

You slowly looked up at him in shock. Caladan was nutritious for having beautiful landscapes, and people. But they were also very well-known for the iron fist when it came to rules and if they were followed through.

'I can help you escape.' He said.

'But then you could be caught, and die.' You told him.

'Better me than you.' Paul whispered. 'I couldn't live on knowing that I could've done something to help you, but done nothing.'

You looked at him. If you were to escape, where would you go? You'd be lonely for the rest of your life, because surely people would know what you looked like, right?

'What about you?' You asked.

'I can come.' He said. 'There is a place, I know someone, who would take us in. Hide us from everyone.'