[9] caring

°°°
"I'm the violence in the pouring rain..." Hurricane - Halsey

[9] caring

We found my dog eating a thrown out burger by a house in the neighborhood's trash can. "Well, would you look at that," She smirked. "He must be hungry."

"Yeah, I guess." I murmured and moved closer to my dog. Thunder ran up to me, still chewing his food.

"See?" Clarity was still smirking. "He does want to come back; he loves you."

"So, what? This was a test or something to see if my dog would want to stay with me?"

She rolled her pretty eyes. "I didn't test anyone or anything, actually. For your information, I just did it all on instinct."

I almost face palmed myself. "Okay..well, what a good way to act on instinct. Real good."

Instead of rolling her eyes, she laughed a bit. "Whoa, you used sarcasm!"

"Yes, so awesome. I can be sarcastic sometimes." I put my dog back on his leash, resisting the urge to smile.

She was too cute. And it was becoming hard to stay mad at her.

"Yeah, I guess you can." She started to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I exclaimed as I caught up with her.

She turned to look at me. "Somewhere. Want to come with me?"

"Yes," I said automatically. I must be eager to be with her because of my quick answer and her quirk of an eyebrow, amused.

"Sorry, you can't." Her voice was loud and clear to me.

"Wha-"

"I'm kidding," she grinned before turning to walk again. I caught up with her. "Calm down."

I could barely calm down with you so close to me, I thought. She was smiling. "I wasn't freaking out," I said instead.

"Ha! Okay," she sounded like she didn't believe me. She probably didn't.

"Where are we going anyways?" I changed the subject.

"Nowhere."

"What do you mean?"

"Nowhere."

"So, the specific place of nowhere is..."

"Nowhere." She confirmed, gray eyes looking at the sky.

"Oh my goodness. Just tell me where."

"Nolan, it's really nowhere. We are just going to walk, duh." Her voices sounded so simple that I didn't have it in me to argue.

"So," She said. "What's your favorite color?"

We were still walking. "Um, I don't know. Maybe green or yellow.."

"Green or yellow?" She asked, her nose wrinkling up. Her straight-lined-black-hair fell into her face from the wind, covering her eyes and she used her hands to brush it away quickly.

"Yeah, I guess. What's yours?" I said,

"As you can tell," she gestured to her dark clothing, "black."

"Why?" I asked aloud, letting my thoughts speak for myself. "Does that color not seem....empty??"

She made a goofy voice, but cute nonetheless. "Empty like my soul." She nudged my side and I rolled my eyes.