[12] tragically beautiful

°°°
"The earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

[12] tragically beautiful

"You are gonna get in so much trouble if you get caught," was the first thing that left my mouth as Clarity began to climb over a fence. We were far away from town, more in the country where no one around. The sun was shining down on us and sweat was beggining to soak my shirt.

"I won't get caught. C'mon," she said, swinging a leg over the other side of the fence, "start climbing, buddy."

I began to shake my head. "No, I think I'm good," she dropped down, on the other side of the fence, and looked at me.

"You're gonna have to," she said. I walked all the way up to her. She had to look up to me, not by much though, she wasn't that short. She was actually pretty tall. Her hair was slightly tangled from the wind. She smiled up at me, mysterious and clever as always. My heart sped up like a teenage girl in love.

God, I was pathetically falling for her.

"If you don't climb over this fence," she said. "You're gonna have to stay here until I'm back."

"Where are we even going?" I asked her with raised eyebrows.

Clarity grinned. "If you climb over this fence, you'll find out."

I grin and shook my head. "Fine," I climbed over as quick as I could.

She was still standing there, waiting for me, and when we caught eyes, she grinned wider. "Come on. We aren't that far now..."

°°°

She lead me to a big field full of flowers and weeds. The sun warmed the land that we stood on. Thin wispy clouds littered the light blue sky.

It was beautiful.

"I come here when I am feeling down," said Clarity. "Which is quite often." Before I could say anything, she walked deeper into the field. I followed her after a few seconds when she didn't look back to see if I was following.

She sat down on a little patch of grass and I sat down beside her. "It's peaceful, isn't it?" She asked, looking over at me, close up.

I nodded.

"Do you like it?" asked Clarity. "You know, I've never brought anyone here before."

"Yeah, I do. But why did you bring me here?"

She studied me closely. She looked like she was about to answer, then stood up abruptly. "Are you hot? Because I am and want to cool off."

"Yeah, I am," I said and stood up with her. "How would we cool off though?"

Clarity grins again. I was about to ask why she was grinning at me like that but before I could say anything, she grabbed my wrist and broke out into a run. She pulled me along and I ran with her, not having the slightest clue what this girl - this beautiful, spectacular girl - was up to.

We ran a long ways until she stopped at a decent sized lake. She turned to look at me, "This," she said and took off her shoes, "is how we will cool off." She started stripping off the other layers of clothing.

"Um," I scratched the back of my neck. "I-I didn't bring my swimming shorts..." I averted my eyes away from her.

"And I didn't bring my bathing suit," replied Clarity. I didn't dare look at her. "So we will have to be swimming in our undergarments." She said the last part in a simple voice.