2 | We Meet Again

"It's the start of the school year. How are you feeling, Miss Hwang?"
Byeol's close friend named Hyunjung asked as she held her makeup mirror and applied her red rosy lipstick.

Hyunjung's parents were the CEO of a famous makeup company therefore, Hyunjung was interested in such things since young. Cosmetics. She knew everything about it. Be it it's history even.

"Reluctant. What about you, Miss Ja Yun?"
Byeol asked the girl who had just come into the classroom and sat with the two of them.

"This sucks. I was nearly late for this."
Ja Yun panted as she threw her bag onto the chair out of exhaustion.

Ja Yun also came from a wealthy family who worked in an airline company in Seoul. She also lived the furthest from school hence, she tend to arrive late for school.

Last but not the least, Byeol.

She came from a moderate family. Everything was normal and sufficient. She loved her parents a lot and they do love Byeol back the same way too.

"Byeol, I heard that Taeyang isn't coming to school today so, you don't have to worry too much, alright?"
Ja Yun reassured Byeol who heaved a sigh of relief.

I've got one day to myself...

"As usual, Mr Ha is going to give a new seating arrangement this time. Ugh, I don't want to sit with weird people."
Hyunjung kept her makeup porch in her bag.

"Eh, Byeol ah. Where's your pink hair tie?"
Ja Yun noticed the absence of Byeol's famous pink rainbow hair tie that Byeol always used to tie up her hair.

Everyone usually recognised her from that feature in school or her rainbow tattoo when she was outside of the school compound.

It was also her representative emoji — rainbow.

"I'm not sure. I lost it on the day my parents came back from their most recent overseas business trip."
Byeol replied and sighed at the loss of her most precious item. She did not know where it went. It just suddenly disappeared after she got back from the airport.

"Oh god..."
Ja Yun and Hyunjung gasped.

"Never mind, you still look good in a strawberry hair tie. It's cute."
Ja Yun patted Byeol's head.

"I agree."
Hyunjung smiled.

Ja Yun and Hyunjung were Byeol's closest friends since primary school. Somehow they were always put together in the same classes since then.

Ja Yun was a much more emotional and cute person whereas Hyunjung was a more cold and mature person.

Byeol was then in the middle. Not too cold nor too emotional but, super direct.

That was how fate brought the three of them with personalities that differ, together.

"Both of y'all! Wanna go shopping after school today? Like usual, everything's on me."
Hyunjung offered and the two excitedly nodded.