4 | Karma, Should I Say?

For today, Byeol entered the class as the earliest student — an hour before school started.

Somehow or rather, there were very few people on the bus today and there was no traffic jam hence, she arrived earlier than usual.

She then placed down her pencil case on the table and heard the door flung open.

Instinctively, she looked up and saw Taeyang smirking as he placed his bag down on his seat.

Unfortunately, she forgot about the fact that Taeyang was coming to school today as well and that he was one of the early comers to school.

Her eyes widened opened as she realised that she was in the middle seat.

Both the back door and the front door were far from her.

She sat on her spot in horror as thoughts and memories flashed through her mind.

"I see that your dearest boyfriend isn't here right now..."
He tucked her hair behind her ear as a cold shiver ran down her spine.

There was no one here to help her.

"On that day, you were a little rude to me. Don't you think so?"
He suddenly pulled a bunch of her hair and she let out a loud shriek.

"P-Please don't hurt me."
She begged as hot steaming tears started to roll down her cheeks. Byeol just could not move at all. She was stuck in her position, too frightened to move.

"Let's see what we have today."
He looked through her pencil case while his hand still holding onto her hair.

"Ruler?"
He took out her metal ruler and hit her face using it without any hesitation which frightened the poor Byeol. 

"Not enough."
He looked through her pencil case again, emptying all the stationeries.

"Pen, pencil, protractor, eraser, lead, highlighter- Ah!"
He picked up a red highlighter that Byeol uses to colour for science diagrams and started to write something on her forehead.

"Don't move!"
His voice bellowed as he yanked onto her hair again.

He forcefully pressed down the highlighter until all the ink flowed out and some entered Byeol's eyes.

"AHH!"
She cried out and he let go of her while he kept her highlighter in her pencil case.

"I can't-"
She started panting badly and being her ex-boyfriend, Taeyang shoved the inhaler into her mouth and pressed until Byeol's breathing was back to normal. 

"You cannot be rude to me, understood, Byeol?"
He played with the penknife from Byeol's pencil case.

"Never mind. Let's not escalate so fast yet. Best things should always be left to the end, right?"
He smiled and picked up a stapler instead.