9 | So, We Made A Deal...

It was almost coming to the end of January and yet Niki and Byeol still did not even make any contact with the piano.

Now, it was break time where Byeol was sitting with Hyunjung and Ja Yun who both seemed like they had a lot of fun in their architecture club.

"Forget about the music club thing for now. Look at yourself, Byeol. You look sick and pale."
Hyunjung pointed out.

Byeol had been quiet for the entire day which did not seem like the usual her.

She felt extremely drained out from just now.

It was not just from earlier on.

She became tired out recently because Taeyang...

The same thing again.

All the wounds she cleaned and unprofessionally treated because Taeyang disturbed her outside of school, making her not able to see the school nurse, and the blood that she lost made her feel extra giddy and impatient today.

"Exactly! Byeol, do you need to see the school nurse?"
Ja Yun got concerned for her friend's well-being.

Even they think I'm a weak person...

Everyone thinks I'm weak...

Byeol's anger grew as she recalled what Taeyang told her while she was getting hit, outside of the school, this morning.

"You think people care about you? Well, let me tell you no! Everyone just thinks that you are weak without me. Besides, I never see you spend much time with your boyfriend anymore."

"Did the both of you break up? Aww... How sad."
Taeyang pouted as he checked on the girl who was struggling to put the inhaler in her mouth.

"Why not come back to me? Do you see? I'll take good care of you."
Taeyang said while he helped her press the inhaler a few times.

"No, I'm fine. Can we stop talking about that?"
Byeol snapped in a harsh tone and the other two stopped moving for a second.

It was quite a long time since they saw Byeol getting pissed at them.

That was when they realized Byeol was not in the mood to talk and not in her right mind to speak.

Therefore, they just remained silent for the rest of the break.

It was not some sort of awkward silence, it felt like a common one instead because this was normal for them.

= [ time skip ] =

"Hey, you alright there?"
Niki asked when he noticed Byeol was paler than usual.

"Or did you accidentally use the wrong shade of foundation?"
Niki chuckled while the girl turned to glare at him.

"Yeah, it's most probably that reason."
Niki tried to hide his laughter and continued to scroll through his phone.