8 | Just Awkward, Dead Silence

It has been a week since music club sessions started.

Byeol had been trying to get close to Niki and talk about it but it was also then that she realised something about herself.

She got no guts to do it.

An embarrassing truth.

She could not even get herself to walk up to Niki for some reason.

What if she failed again?

Wouldn't that be worse?

"Again..."
Byeol looked at her torn uniform and bleeding forehead as she was getting treated by the nurse lady.

Today, Taeyang hurt her once again during lunchtime.

She was about to head to the toilet but, Taeyang pulled her to the staircase where there was no one there and started to torture her.

Because of how much Byeol struggled to run away and Taeyang prevented her from doing so, her uniform was torn many times.

He slapped her, kicked her in her stomach, pulled her hair and all sorts of the usual things.

Just so that he could feel better about that burn and embarrassment Niki gave him that day.

She tried to run away and lost her balance when she tripped on the stairs but, Taeyang was not able to catch her back in time.

Which caused her to roll down the stairs and her head hit the hard concrete floor, making her unconscious and he took the opportunity to run away.

Thanks to someone, she was sent to the med bay and was fine for now.

"Okay!"
The nurse smiled as she placed the plaster neatly onto Byeol's forehead.

"Thanks."
Byeol muttered and left like usual.

She did not feel like talking today.

= [ time skip ] =

"OKAY, LISTEN UP EVERYONE!"
The music instructor, Mr Soo, gave a loud clap to earn everyone's attention to listen and look up at him.

"We are done with the orientation and introduced all of you enough about the music club. Now, it's time to get to business. For this year, we will be focusing on a new song for the end of year's musical."
Mr Soo explained and everyone got excited about the news.

"All of you will be performing but, in different groups. Based on what all of you have filled in your form. I and your music leaders have decided that we will be forming your groups."
Mr Soo continued as he started to write whatever he was saying onto the whiteboard.

There will be a group of five with different kinds of instruments -- drums, guitar, singer, piano and bass. Another group of three with traditional Chinese instruments -- guzheng, flute and the pipa. The third group would be focusing on pop music and lastly, a group of two where one will be playing the piano and the other one needs to sing.