Chapter 8 - At the McDonalds

[150+ reads! A massive thank you to everyone who reads my fanfic! Now I don't regret writing and posting this online! Really, I appreciate it!

As a way of thanking everyone, I'll update earlier this time! Hope you guys enjoy this one!!]

Lei's P.O.V

It's finally Friday! Yey! No work tomorrow and we will finally hangout with Ayra's new friends' place but we are going to prepare everything tonight, specially the cake. I really love weekends! Well, who doesn't right?

I'm excited to meet them all! Ayra knows if I should meet someone and hang out with them. She knows if I'll like them and if they'll like me so I trust her with this one. But at the same time, of course I'm really nervous! I'm not good when it comes to meeting people and that's why up until now, I only have Ayra and I'm really glad that she stayed with me all this time, even though I'm a silent type girl.

I really hope they are nice and that they would like such a girl like me. I'm really such a socially awkward penguin, especially when I just met you for the first time. That might be the reason why I don't have that many friends up until now. *sigh... I hope everything will be alright tomorrow. I hope I won't mess up! *cross fingers

My first week at work will be over soon. I earned my own money this time! And I'm proud of this because this time, I made it without my parent's help; I also found this job myself. It's not like I hate them or what. I just have to be independent as soon as possible for some reasons Ayra also knows them. She knows almost everything about me. I enjoyed this week, despite what happened on the first day.

While I was working, I received a text message from ayra, saying that she already left some groceries at my flat and that they are at my kitchen. We both share each other’s flat keys for emergencies and that’s why she was able to leave them there. It’s pretty convenient for us, like for example, that day when Ayra left her keys inside her own flat, and don't have spares with her; she used the one I have. She can be clumsy sometimes really!

Based on this message, she wants me to bake the cake's base once I get home so that when she arrive at my flat later, we'll just have to add some frosting and decorations. She also wants me to bake chocolate cookies, LOTS of them! Do I really need to make that much? How many 'new friends' does she have? Or maybe they just really love chocolate cookies. If that's so, then I have to do my best! And I think we will get along well because of that. I really love eating almost anything edible! My favorites, of course, sweets and pastries!

She also said that the manager let her leave earlier later. Wow, she must be really excited for tomorrow! That way, she can help me and we can finish it earlier so we'll have enough time to let the cake cool in the fridge before packing them nicely.

She requested Chocolate cake! Oh wow, she really knows what I want! And maybe, her new friends love them too! I know I'm not that good at cooking and baking but at least I know the basics and I have a some guide books at my flat. I used to bake ones before too! I really love them so I always make sure that the cake is delicious. I'm pretty confident about my baking skills! Besides, Ayra is there to give her opinions later. I can't afford to make a cake that has an awful taste!

Chocolate cake... It reminds me of that blonde boy. He ordered two slices of them with a cappuccino the first time he came here... I wonder how he is now.