Chapter 39 - Bitter Good Byes and Betrayal

Let's see who remembers the first few chapters... DON'T read those chapters again! Or else you'll spoil the suspense. You'll also have a clue about the next and last twist that will end everything!

Don't okay? :D

Lei's P.O.V

His eyes are red and puffy which means he cried. He's holding the letter I gave him. I wonder if he saw the note at the back... I rushed to write those words when Ayra told me that they're gone. 

I want to hug him, kiss him and tell him I'm sorry. I want to hear his voice but that will make everything harder. I froze on the spot and I can feel all their eyes on me but I can't do anything about it.

"Lei..." he whispered and I can't help but cry silently. I heard his voice again... his Irish accent that I grew fond of. I will miss it; everything about him.

"Please don't cry..." he said as he took a step closer to me. I feel like this is all a deja vu but this is the first time I've ever cared for someone and I don't remember caring for a blonde guy before. Then why do I feel like this?

He opened his arms as he took one more step closer. I want to hug him too... but I'm afraid... too afraid that maybe I'll postpone our flight or worse, I will give up going to Cali and just study here in London. Weird right? But just one hug can make everything complicated.

Being the coward I am... I run. I run as fast as I can, away from them.

"Take care of my luggage!" I shouted when I start running. I can't run around with that big luggage so I leave it to the floor with Ayra.

As I run towards the Departure Area, I heard loud footsteps. I turned my head a little to see who it was and it's Niall! He's chasing me and he's catching up really fast!

"Lei! Why are running away?!" he said while running. There's a hint of anger in his voice and it sounds like he's about to break down. I don't dare to look back again because I'm sure that I'll stop once I see his face again. Just how far is that Departure Area from here?

"Lei! Don't run! Face me!" he insisted and he is angry at me. I'm sorry Niall... I can't face you.

I can see the Departure Area already so I get my passport from the shoulder bag I have where I put all the necessary things. They only allow passengers to pass through there so it's a perfect place to run to. I run as fast I can so I can have time to show my passport to the guard.

I made it. I’m already in the DA. I was catching my breath when I got here then froze again. I want to turn around, look at him and tell him I'm sorry but I can't. I'm too frozen to do so. I don't know what to do.

"LEI!!!" I head Niall call out to me. He's shouting... trying to fight his way here. Unfortunately, the guards won't let him pass.

"FACE ME! DON'T BE A COWARD. I'M AFRAID TOO. I'M AFRAID THAT I WON'T SEE YOU AGAIN. PLEASE LEI... FACE ME!!" he said, shouting. The guards are forcing him to leave the airport for causing such commotion. I fall to my knees, crying. That's right Niall... I'm a coward. I can't face you.

I heard the other lads helping him to fight his way here but more and more guards came to stop them. I can hear them calling me, even Ayra. She patted my shoulder, telling me not to be afraid and just face him for the last time but I can't. I can't!