Chapter 2 (Introduction Meetings and Lava Wall Mishaps)

I hung out for the rest of the day wondering what the meeting will be like. Would it be okay, a living hell, or could I actually find myself enjoying the stupid girly crap.

That last option is actually a pretty chilling thought.

But as the welcome dinner came to a close and the sun started to set I found myself actually growing nervous in anticipation of the meeting.

Which was weird because I didn't get nervous.

I'd been at camp for a few years, right after the Titans war was when I was brought to camp, but I don't think I had ever genuinely been nervous over something before.

So the fact that I was nervous over this both surprised and slightly disgusted me.

I mean the first time I'm nervous at camp and it's over going to this stupid club meeting.

I think Malcolm must have noticed my uneasiness because he mouthed 'are you okay?' across the camp fire.

I nodded slightly aware of my surrounding, but mostly deep in thought.

When Chiron annouced curfew I realized that stalling was over and it was time for me to head over to the Aphrodite cabin.

As I made my way to the Aphrodite cabin I started thinking of what the meeting was actually going to be about.

I didn't have much time to think because soon I was knocking on the door.

It opened slightly and I heard a semi burley voice say.

"Password"

Password? When did they ever give me a password?

"Um there was a password?" I said out loud.

The door slammed shut and I sighed and closed my eyes.

If they weren't going to let me in then why was I going to try to actually show up at the meeting.

As I was turning to walk back to my cabin the door opened up entirely this time and Bethany smiled widely at me.

"I'm so glad you showed up!" She exclaimed happily grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside.

As I stepped inside the Aphrodite cabin my worse nightmare occurred total pinkness surrounded me, practically suffocated me, and I had no clear line of escape.

"Just go ahead and take a seat in the beauty parlor" Bethany gestures to a door at the back of the room.

I nodded then slowly made my way to the room.

When I walked into the room I sighed in relief as I noticed all of the people looked like people like me.

I silently took a seat next to a girl with long frizzy curly brunette hair and big bug eye glasses.

"Hey" she said to me.

"Hi" I said not really sure of what to do in this situation.

Not used to talking to people.

Especially friendly people.

"My names Lyssa" she said sticking her hand out.

I stared at it and then gave her a high five.

She laughed and smiled and I noticed she had buck teeth.

"What's your name?" Lyssa asked me.

"Lillian" I answered.

Lyssa smiled again.

"That's a pretty name. Do you go by Lillian or is it Lily?" She asked me.

"Um Lily" I answered.