Chapter 7 (Make Over's And Boy Talk)

Bethany started the make overs by coloring Aaron's face with weird objects I've never seen before.

"What's this?" I asked, picking up what looked to be a pen of sorts.

"That would be liquid eyeliner," Bethany said, looking at me as if I lived under a rock.

I looked at the strange pen and tapped my finger to the tip of it. It left a black residue and I stared strangely at my hand.

"People actually put this on their face?" I asked Bethany incredulously.

Bethany laughed uneasily and shook her head.

"You're too funny, Lillian. It helps make your eyes pop more." she explained. She held it out to me.

"Want me to put it on you?" she asked plainly.

I looked at her, trying to make up my mind whether I trusted her enough to let her do my makeup.

"Alright..." I say carefully.

She picked her hand up and placed some of her fingers on the side of my face making me flinch a little at how cold her hands were on my warm skin.

"Stay still" She ordered and I stiffened as much as I could.

I had never really worn makeup before. I had never felt the need to make my face look different. That being said, I'd be lying to say I wasn't interested as to what it was like to wear makeup.

"Done" Bethany said a minute later capping the pen.

"Should I look in the mirror?" I asked her.

She thought about it for a minute and shook her head.

"Let me do the rest of your makeup first" Bethany said somehow grabbing a case full of makeup from behind her and carrying it over to her work place then placed it in front of her so that she could get to work.

I wasn't really sure I wanted her putting anything else on my face but before I could protest she started slathering foundation onto my face. I felt like I was at the dentist and I was being restrained so that I didn't get in the way of her work. I felt very trapped and honestly I was worried I was going to end up looking like some kind of a whore.

After what felt like an eternity Bethany finally set down all of her brushes and passed me a hand held mirror.

"You look so pretty" she cooed as I lifted up the mirror to asses the damage.

I was surprised to find that Bethany hadn't completely changed my face.

I mean yes I looked different, but not entirely unrecognizable.

I had the same features yet somehow they looked better, more enhanced.

Bethany smiled at me as if I was her masterpiece.

"I think I did very well" she said nodding matter of fairly.

I nodded in agreement. She had done very well. I definitely looked better.

"Come on let's go check out Aaron and Lyssa" Bethany said helping me up.

I willingly stand up and follow Bethany over to where Aaron and Lyssa are getting their makeup done. As we approach I notice how remarkably different Lyssa looks. Gone are her thick lensed glasses and somehow her buck teeth. Her frizzy hair also seems to be tamed to a soft shiny brunette hair.

She turned around and smile at me her brown eyes glowing.

"Do I look okay?" she asked me biting her lip uncertain.