Chapter 12 (Elise's Project)

After Breakfast we all headed down to the infirmary to meet up with Elise. When we arrived at the Infirmary I realized that there was some construction going on adding quite a bit of extra rooms.

"Why are there so many new rooms? Has there been an increase in injuries and that's why they need to add more rooms so that they can accommodate?" I asked Leo.

He shook his head.

"That's not why they are adding more rooms" Leo said plainly.

"Then why?" I asked him but he didn't answer me.

I sighed and followed the rest of them as they walked up to Elise.

I noticed she had her blonde hair up in a messy bun on top of her hair and she had her sleeves rolled up.

"Hey Baby sis" Percy said and Elise jumped.

She turned around with her hand clutching her chest.

"Hey guys" She said a little frightened.

Everyone chuckled and she slapped Percy on the arm.

"Ow" He said rubbing his arm.

"Don't sneak up on me Jackson" She said sternly.

I laughed at the two siblings feeling a little envious of their relationship. I only wish I could have an older brother who cared about me. Hell, any brother that cared about me was good enough for me.

"So what can we help you with?" Hazel asked.

Elise snapped back into attention and her joking nature was replaced with a serious, determined, joyous one.

"I want the boys, Annabeth, and Lillian to go work on actual construction. Annabeth and Lillian you two don't have to do any labor if you don't want to I just wanted the peace of mind knowing two Athena campers are overlooking the project" She admitted to us.

I smiled and Annabeth let out a laugh.

"Of course you do" Annabeth said agreeing and following the boys over to where the construction was taking place.

I noticed everyone besides Leo look between the blueprints and the semi built structure and look completely lost. Leo on the other hand had already started putting the remainder of the support beams up.

"Uh guys how about you follow Leo, he knows what he's doing" I advised them.

They furrowed their eyebrows yet again trying to read the blueprints and then they sighed.

"She's right" Percy admitted.

The other boys grumbled in agreement and I couldn't help but notice Nico's disappointment at the fact that they were going to have to follow along and listen to Leo.

Once the rest of the boys understood what they were supposed to be doing and how they were going to accomplish that the construction started to speed up.

"Why aren't the Hephaestus campers here to help build?" I asked Annabeth.

I mean it would've made a lot more sense to have the campers, who are descendants of the god who is known for building, work on building a new wing of the infirmary.

"Well the new wing is kind of a surprise right now" Annabeth said handing Percy something.

"Why make it a surprise?" I asked her.

I mean even if it was a surprise why wouldn't you want to let the Hephaestus cabin in on it. After all she let me help on it and I'm pretty much useless. Why not let some useful people in on it?