Chapter 30 (Running Home)

Camp Half blood.

After spending my time here I realized that I never had fitted in. I had blended at times, hidden even, but never did I ever fit in. I was an outsider, not really excepted until this summer.

This summer I thought I had been excepted but looking back now, I really hadn't. Lyssa and Aaron were only being kind to me because that was in their nature. I wasn't really their friend in any way, I was more like a charity case.

All in all camp half blood was just that. A camp.

Not a home.

And right now, I needed a home.

So I was packing my bags for good and leaving the hell hole I'd spent the last few years of my life in. I wasn't going to say goodbye, partially because no one cared I was leaving, and also because I had no one I wanted to say goodbye too. I was lucky in that I wasn't going to miss anyone here at camp and nobody will be losing sleep over me either.

When I had finally zipped up my last bag I stared at it feeling a small weight on my shoulders somehow greater and start to weigh me down.

Was I really ready to do this? Was I ready to leave camp behind?

I was about to unzip my bag and put everything back when I noticed a picture on Annabeth's side table. There were only three, one of her and her father, one of her and Percy and then one of her and the entire Athena cabin. Everyone was smiling, everyone was happy. They all looked like one really big happy family.

And I wasn't apart of that.

Even if I stayed at camp out of sheer fear of leaving I would never fit in. I had no family here and I wanted to find my family.

I needed to find my family.

Tears started to well in my eyes as I stared at the picture longer. I eventually threw my bag over my shoulder and slowly left the Athena cabin. Studying every part of it as I walked out of the door and down the steps. The wood creaked and I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic as I took a step back and got one last look of the cabin's exterior.

Memories filled my mind, like a slideshow at a graduation. I saw so many years of my life flash before my own eyes. Camp fires, capture the flag, the horrid exercise, all the good books I'd read. So many things that seemed so minor were starting to effect me in a really big way.

I almost had to force myself to turn around and walk away with out saying another word. I was holding back my tears as I briskly walked into the forest and down the path to the meadow I had discovered with Leo only a short time ago.

Once there I sat down my stuff and sat down myself feeling the soft bed of grass under neath me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before letting out a whistle.

I opened my eyes expecting to find Miss. O'Leary in front of me, but instead I was faced with Elise.

"Your leaving" She said plainly and I nodded.

"You're supposed to say goodbye when you leave, it's only polite" She said to me.

"You didn't"

Elise nodded and looked at the ground.

"I was leaving in a different way" Elise said and I shrugged.

"I didn't have anyone I wanted to say goodbye too" I said simply, not quite sure why I was indulging her.

"So you were going to steal my dog and not say goodbye?" she asked me and I nodded.

"I especially didn't want to talk to you" I said and she sighed.

"I was possessed, when I stabbed Percy. It wasn't me, I couldn't hurt anyone that badly" Elise said to me sincerely.

I processed the information, not sure if I wanted to even care about what she had said.

"That's a lie" I said simply and she looked at me bewildered.

"What?" she asked and I stared at her straight in the eye.

"You lied Elise. You said you could never hurt anyone that badly and yet here you are mutilating yourself. You cut yourself, you starve yourself, you put yourself down, and yet you try to pretend that you could never hurt someone. You are so beautiful and kind and perfect and you shouldn't ever do that to yourself because you are worth so much more than you believe. Elisa Jackson, you're strong and independent and one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I'm leaving now, but you needed to know that before I left" I said to her and she stared at me her eyes filling with water.

"I'm not perfect"

"It's your imperfections that make you perfect" I stated simply. She smiled wider and more genuine then I had ever seen before and I felt the weight that had been holding me down lift off of my shoulders,

"You need to leave" Elise said and I nodded understanding what she meant.

"I do"

"Then, I hope you get everything you deserve in life. You're the most extraordinary person I have ever met" Elise said and I smiled back at her.

"Thank you Elise"

"Thank you Lillian"  she said the tears falling down her face.

I gave her one last smile before I turned away and whistled once more, Miss. O'Leary appearing this time. I hopped on her back and waved goodbye to Elise before whispering my location to Miss. O'Leary.

As we began ripping through the shadows I realized that through all of the crap I'd been through so far I was grateful for one thing and proud of it too.

Joining the Loner Club.

THE

     END

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!

Imma keep this short cause I have an announcement that I'm posting next!

Thank you all so much for reading!

~Percabeth_Lover_HQ