Chapter 10 (Dinner Tables and Cancelations)

At dinner I wasn't quite sure where I was supposed to sit. I mean I always say with my cabin but lately I felt that my siblings were sending a very obvious message they didn't want me there. Then I also ate with Lyssa and sometimes Aaron but I noticed that both the Apollo cabin and Demeter cabins weren't at dinner so I was very conflicted.

I was very blessed that Leo noticed my distress.

"How about you sit with my friends and I" he offered.

I flashed him a grateful smile and followed him to his table.

"Hey guys this is Lillian, she's gonna eat with us today" Leo explained taking a seat.

I took a seat next to him and noticed how everyone at the table acted casual and they didn't start whispering about me like I wasn't there.

"Hey Lil" Annabeth said greeting me.

I gave her a small wave and Percy cocked his head.

"You two know each other?" He asked Annabeth.

She nodded and smiled.

"Lil is my half sister" she explained.

The rest of them all looked at me and I nodded in agreement.

I looked around the table and noticed that two people were missing.

"Where is Elise and Piper?" I asked Leo curious.

Leo looked around the table and shrugged.

"Piper's probably doing some spiritualistic Cherokee thing and Elise is either sucking face with Liam or begging Will to suck face" Leo explained taking a really big spoonful of mashed potatoes.

I furrowed my eyebrows at this. I thought Elise and Nico were together.

"But aren't Elise and Nico together?" I asked in a whisper.

Leo looked at me incredulously.

"No not since before last summer" he said.

I nodded, still a bit confused on that, and took a bite of my rainbow pasta. The Piper thing was news but the Elise thing seemed to fit what I knew about her pretty well.

"So Lillian" Jason said and I looked up in surprise.

"Uh, yeah?" I responded confused as to if he was actually talking to me.

"Are you excited for capture the flag tomorrow?" he asked me.

Capture the flag.

Tomorrow.

Fuck.

"Uh yeah" I lied and he nodded.

"You ready to lose to the Zeus cabin?" He asked me with a smile.

I had to fight the urge from cringing at how white and shiny his teeth were. It was almost like his teeth were blinding me.

"I think you mean is the Zeus cabin ready to lose?" I asked him.

Leo choked on his food starting to laugh and the rest of the table erupted into laughter as well.

I bite back a smile and shifted uncomfortably in my seat. It was weird for me causing laughter. It was new and I felt very awkward.

"I'm surprised you didn't form an alliance with the Athena cabin this time around, that is the logical choice after all" I said honestly.

Jason nodded.

"I would've except you see Percy and Annabeth have this new thing where they like to make out during capture the flag so when they are on opposite teams their teammates tend to keep them away from one another" he explained sending Percy a sly smile.