Chapter 3 (Apologies)

After I had sat thinking in the woods for a while I made my way out of the woods and headed down to the training arena where I guessed Bethany would be making her usual flirtatious comments with whatever Ares cabin member was there.

As I approached the arena I found Bethany laying on a towel in a bikini with her sun glasses on and a sun viser on her lap.

I noticed two of my scrawnier siblings scribbling away on two pieces of paper right next to her and it almost looked as if they were doing her Greek homework.

But I knew that couldn't be possible because no one in the Athena cabin would be dumb enough to fall for something that would end them up doing extra homework.

I stepped closer to her and I guess she didn't realize I was there until I was in the direct line of the sun therefore cutting off her tanning source.

"What in the world" she said taking her sunglasses off and looking up.

She saw me and she sat up more on her towel.

"Oh Lillian what are you doing here?" She asked me.

I sighed and looked around the place awkwardly.

I kind of sucked at apologies.

I was never really one for a sappy heart to heart with my friends.

"I'm sorry for leaving so rudely and abruptly yesterday" I said.

Bethany nodded.

"It's alright, I'm sorry for touching you. I could've handled the situation better" she said to me.

I managed to smile awkwardly and I scratched the back of my neck unsure of what to do next.

"We are having another meeting tonight if you want to come. It's right after dinner and I think it'll be before curfew this time" she offered.

I thought about it before I answered.

"Uh sure I'd love to come" I answered and Bethany smiled.

"Great then I'll expect to see you tonight" she said Putting her sunglasses back on.

"Now if you'll excuse me my pores are begging for some vitamin D" she said laying back down and opening her sun viser.

I didn't see how her already bronze skin could need or want any more sunlight but I didn't comment on it as I walked away and made my way down to academic training for the morning.

Despite what other demigods may have you believe, camp isn't only about training your athletic ability. It's also about your mental ability and capacity. Sure there are definitely elements of athleticism that are vital in surviving life as a demigod but you can be as strong as Hercules and it will mean nothing if you don't know what your up against.

Anyways Academic training went fairly well but of course the rest of my cabin was looking at me like I was a monster that they wanted to slice to bits.

Which had me very nervous for sword fighting.

I was decent with a sword but unfortunately for me most of the rest of my siblings were extremely skilled in the art of sword play.

Yay.

I was hoping nobody would want to parry with me considering I had jut destroyed John's precious rubix cube but to no avail I actually had a number of people who wanted to, including a blonde haired brother of mine that was eager to get me back.

"I think Lily and John should Parry" one of my siblings said.

A roar of agreement went up around the sword fighting section of the arena and I stared pale faced at John's half celestial bronze half imperial gold sword.