Chapter 21 (Revelations)

"You ready?" Elise asked me as we stood infront of the palace doors. I took a deep breath and nodded.

Elise knocked three time on the door and it opened.

"Who dares enter the palace unannounced?!?" A voice boomed and I started to shake. Elise was pale white and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"It is Elise Jackson and Lillian Perra Lord Zeus" Elise managed to call out.

A beautiful woman appeared at the entrance and her face brightened immensely when she noticed Elise.

"Elisa! Darling, how have you been?" The woman asked.

Elise smiled and gave the woman a hug leaving me there stunned as I realized who the woman was.

Aphrodite, goddess of Love and Beauty.

The goddess was smiling radiantly before she turned to me and frowned her brow creasing.

"Why did you bring a Roman to mount Olympus?" She asked Elise her voice no longer warm and gentle but firm and concerned.

Elise furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and shook her head.

"My lady, there must be a mistake, Lillian isn't Roman" she explained but the goddess kept giving me a look as if I was a complication of sorts.

"No, I am most certain that she is. Her blood is entirely Roman, not an ounce of Greek in her" Aphrodite said confidently. I felt my stomach start to churn but I pushed the feeling aside.

Surely Aphrodite was mistaken? I mean I was doubtful I should even take her word for it considering Aphrodite was the goddess of Beauty, not brains. Still, her words rattled me and a wave of confusion swept over me.

"What do you mean? I'm a daughter of Athena" I stated keeping my voice calm.

Aphrodite looked at me and frowned shaking her head.

"You aren't" she simply said and I found myself gritting my teeth.

What did she know?

"Um how would you know? I think my Athena can tell herself whether or not I am her daughter" I said plainly.

Aphrodite pursed her lipa and looked at me with disdain.

"If you're so insistent go ask her, but you'll see something is up when the god's two sides start acting up" Aphrodite said crossing her arms and cocking a hip.

I huffed and stuck my nose into the air before stupidly waltzing right into the throne room. I was greeted by a bunch of groans and sounds of pain, nothing out of the ordinary, until I noticed the gods flickering forms.

"Agh" Zeus groaned holding his head.

"What dimwit brought a Roman" Athena bellowed switching between an old withering hag and a young beautifully fierce warrior.

I stared in shock not able to form words. I forgot all thoughts of Roman or not and stared at my mother, whom I had not heard from or seen at all except for when she claimed me.

"Mom" I breathed and Athena looked at me as if I was something she would scrape off of her shoe.

"Who are you?" She spat angrily.

I felt tears start to form in my eyes. My mother didn't know who I was. The woman who's brain I came out of didn't even know I was her daughter. To say it stung was an understatement. To say it burned would be too. It'd be like being thrown in the river Phlegethon. My body was broken and burning and I was speechless. I stared at Athena with confusion.