Chapter 24 (A Pain in my Arm)

Waiting till sunset was surprising painless. By painless I mean that Apollo got on every one of my nerves, pissing me off so much that I could no longer feel anything.

"I swear if the sun doesn't go down within the next five minutes, I'm going to murder Apollo" I muttered to Elise and she shot me a sympathetic smile.

"I know how you feel Lil, but he's going to help you" she said and I sighed.

I just wished that Apollo could help me without being a dick.

"I know, but his stupid lifeguard appearance makes me want to roll my eyes. I mean does the guy really need to act like a 20 year old when his 17 year old son is around?" I asked and Elise shrugged.

"It doesn't make any sense to me, but it's always best not to question it" Elise said and I hesitantly nodded.

I couldn't imagine how awkward it must've been for Will. I mean if my father was pretending to only be two years older than me I would've been incredibly creeped out. Will must've been feeling the same way.

"I feel bad for Will" I commented and Elise nodded.

"This isn't the worst of it. Sometimes when we're out in public Apollo flirts with girls and tries to pick them up" Elise said and my eyes widened.http://w.tt/1DjS6bT

"Geez can he keep it in his pants?" I asked and she chuckled.

"I don't know, but I guess when you're immortal you have to find some form's of entertainment" Elise suggested and I scoffed.

"Based upon the population of the Apollo cabin I think we can tell what his entertainment is" I said and Elise laughed.

"What?" Apollo asked turning around and I pursed my lips.

"Nothing" Elise said taking a breath and composing herself.

Apollo gave us a look but didn't say anything.

"The sun needs to set" he said nonchalantly and Will nodded.

"I'll call our ride then" Apollo said being met with silence. We all just kept quiet as Apollo did his thing.

Suddenly, a red Ferrari appeared in shimmering gold light.

"Woah" I breathed and Apollo smirked.

"Pretty sweet right" he bragged running his hand over the hood.

I looked at him and saw him taking pride in the fact that I was impressed. I saw him smirking directly at me and I closed my mouth, silently cursing myself for feeding the god's ego any more.

"I used to have a red Ferrari but my dad said the color gave him a headache" I said.

It was a true story, my father was almost never around and on the occasion that he was all he would do is complain. I had gotten a red Ferrari, that I could have when I was old enough to drive, for Christmas and I was absolutely in love. However, the next time my father visited I made the mistake of showing off the present and thanking him profusely. He didn't even know what I was talking about at first, then once I'd shown him he immediately had the valet bring it back to the dealer, claiming "a red of that disgusting shade is not allowed in any of my households"

That was also the day I learned my father didn't give a shit about me or what I got for Christmas. I mean sure I knew he loved me, but he didn't care, they aren't the same thing.

"Really?" Elise asked me and I nodded.

"That's a dick move" she noted and I nodded letting out a huff of air and half heartedly smirking.