Chapter 16 (The Meadow in the Woods)

*Trigger Warning* This chapter contains graphic details about the action and topic of suicide. This is a warning to skip to the A/N at the end of the chapter if you wish to not read the details*

Have you ever felt like you chest had been cut into with a million swords and someone ripped out your heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, and then mutilating your brain, all while somehow leaving you alive?

Because if you haven't then you don't know what "heartbreak" is. Heartbreak really isn't a good term for what you go through. It should be soulbreak where you feel like everything is wrong all because of one person who you had no idea you felt so strongly for until you saw them happy with someone else.

It's the worse kind of torture. Rejection is so much better than watching the someone you would do anything for, smile, laugh, and be happy, with someone else.

It makes you realize that they don't need you in anyway shape or form.

And it sucks.

"Lillian? Are you alright?" Annabeth asked me gently shaking shaking me and taking a seat on the edge of my bunk.

I shook my head.

"I feel like crap" I said and it was true.

"Do you want to go to see Will?" Annabeth asked me.

If I saw Will I'd either break out into sobs or stab him repeatedly.

"I feel really sick but I don't think it's sick enough to go to the infirmary" I lied. Annabeth sighed and patted me on the back.

"Well, maybe sleeping it off will help you out." Annabeth suggested.

Doubt it.

"Yeah I think it will" I mumbled and Annabeth stood up.

"Alright, I'll check on you before lunch and dinner then" Annabeth said before walking away.

I had been feeling crappy since yesterday after lunch once the realization that Nico and Will we're dating had really sunk in.

Once it had I immediately ran back to my cabin where I proceeded to throw myself into my bunk and silently cry. Eventually I sat up and pulled out my laptop. I then proceeded to bury my sorrow in movie upon movie upon movie, do to my Netflix subscription.

I found myself watching movies that were not at all in my taste such as, The Prince and Me, The Princess Diaries (1 and 2), The Vow, and Endless Love. After watching them all I found myself in an even bigger slump then before. I found myself not wanting to move at all. I just wanted to lye in my bed of sorrow.

The world around me looked duller. Everything looked grey nothing seemed to have any vibrant color anymore. It was like the world around me had lost all life in it.

"Lillian? I think you should try to go for a walk" I heard Malcolm say kneeling down next to my bunk.

I shook my head not taking my face out of the pillow.

"Come on, fresh air will be good for you" Malcolm suggested but I didn't answer him, staying silent.

Malcolm sighed and I could hear him scratching the back of his neck.

"Sis, please. You weren't even dating the kid" Malcolm whispered and I felt my anger start to boil.

He knew how I felt about Nico, how dare he say that my feelings of sadness weren't justified!

"Screw you Malcolm. You're an asshole and I'm out of here" I yelled at him jumping off my bunk and rushing out of the door. I heard Malcolm calling after me but I didn't stop I just kept running until I got to the meadow in the woods. When I did I practically feel onto the grass in exhaustion. I really wasn't in shape for running at all. I knew it was probably really pathetic that I had no stamina but I had no want to improve my stamina. What so ever.