Chapter 26 (It All Falls Down)

As soon as I left the Aphrodite cabin I ran straight back to the Poseidon cabin, the anger boiling inside of me. A lot of questions were flying through my head.

How could Aaron be so selfish? Why did Bethany feel the need to be such a bitch? Why did Lyssa sit there and do nothing?

But the one that was making a bigger, louder, impact of my thoughts

Was what Bethany had said about Elise true?

Elise couldn't have possibly stabbed Percy, it wasn't like her. Plus, this was Percy Jackson we were talking about, no one was just going to walk up to him and stab him without him defending himself. Even his own sister.

Still the certainty on Bethany's face gave me a bad feeling.

As I walked into the Poseidon cabin I found Elise sitting on the floor tugging at her hair, sweating like there was no tomorrow.

"Lillian" She breathed when I walked in and I looked at her.

I needed to stop the question from torturing me and eating away at my brain, but I'd have to be subtle about asking it.

"Did you stab Percy 2 summers ago?" I blurted.

So much for subtle, Lillian.

She looked caught off guard and she started sputtering to find words.

I felt my worries start to be confirmed.

"Did you?" I asked a sense of urgency finding its way into my tone.

"Lil.." Elise started but I wasn't about to stick around and listen to her prove that bitch right.

"I can't believe you! You're exactly like John! You're sick!" I screamed at her grabbing one of my bags and throwing my essentials in it before hurrying towards the cabin door.

"Lillian! Wait! Let me explain" she insisted but I shook my head.

"I trusted you!" I spat feeling my anger bubbling over, being put on display for all to see.

It wasn't just anger that I felt though, it was betrayal and bitterness and deceit. I had trusted Elise, she had been my friend, she had been there for me, and now I find out she had attempted to kill her sibling like John had me. It made me sick, I couldn't stand to be in the same cabin as her. She had played me, even if she didn't mean to, I had thrown away my limited amount of friends just to defend her.

I had no one.

Except maybe I did have someone.

"Lillian please let me explain" She pleaded grabbing my arm.

I shook her off of me and looked at her with the tears of disgust rolling down my face.

"There's nothing to explain Elise. Bethany was right" I spoke with the most venomous tone I had ever heard come from my mouth.

Elise stood there shocked and I took that as my cue to leave her.

"Lil" she breathed as I stepped out of the Poseidon cabin.

I didn't turn back and look at her, I had done enough reading and watched enough movies to know, looking back is the worst thing you could do.

So, instead, I hurried along the path into the forest and down the semi familiar path. I moved briskly, the dirt squishing under my converse as I hurried down to the bunker.

I probably looked like a mess, tears everywhere, makeup running, and not to mention my hair was practically a mansion for rats.

As I came to a halt at the bunker door I started to contemplate if I really wanted to walk into the bunker and face Leo. I wasn't quite sure where were you when I stood on terms of our friendship. He and I weren't exactly friendly when we hung out in the new wing of the infirmary. Still, I was desperate and he was my best option.