Chapter 17 (Date Plans and Invitations)

That night at dinner I was thinking long and hard about what Elise had said and I had decided I wasn't giving up on Nico, him dating Will was just a very large speed bump. I was conflicted though because as much as I liked him I wanted him to be happy and I think Will made him very happy. I decided that as long as he was happy I was fine.

Of course, Nico wasn't my only problem. Leo still wasn't talking to me, which I found a bit unfair because we were even now, plus Lyssa hasn't really tried to communicate with me either.
Two of my only friends seemed to want nothing to do with me and I was eager to fix that but I was doubtful I could.

I was so deep in thought I hadn't even noticed Lyssa had come to the table until she cleared her throat.

"Lyssa" Leo whispered wistfully when he noticed she was by our table. Lyssa blushed when he looked at her and then shot daggers at me.

"Lillian, may I talk to you alone" She seethed and I gulped. I had a feeling that this wasn't going to be good.

"Why don't you sit at our table" Elise offered and Lyssa blushed again. I guess she wasn't used to so many people talking to her.

"Um... I don't know" She said sheepishly scratching the back of her neck. I could tell she wanted to sit down at the same table as Leo but she also didn't want to yell at me in front of Leo. For my sake I think it'd probably be best if she sat down.

"Yeah we'd love yo....it if you joined us" Leo awkwardly said and both him and Lyssa turned crimson at his slip up. I sighed , they were cute together but also awkward, I doubted they'd get very many words in.

"Um sure" She said taking a seat next from me which just so happened to be across from Leo.

"So what did you need to talk about?" I asked her and she turned to me.

"Uh later..." She said and I shook my head.

"No it's quite alright" I said brushing a short piece of hair behind my ear. Lyssa bit her lip contemplating what to say.

"I just wanted to say I think it was very rude of you to come over to my table and make a scene like that the other day" Lyssa said quietly and I nodded.

"It was very rude" I admitted and Leo nodded.

"It was a really big dick move exploiting one of your friends' secrets like that" Leo said glaring at me.

Lyssa froze in her seat and her face lost all color except for a tint of red on her cheeks.

"Was it true?" Lyssa asked and my eyes widened in shock that Lyssa would ask such a question. It was forward and direct and nothing like Lyssa at all. I looked around the table but nobody seemed to be interested in the conversation except for Elise who gave me a wink.

Leo looked at her and held her gaze. They both didn't look away which was a first.

"Yeah" Leo said shyly smiling a little but not breaking eye contact.

She smiled widely and I could practically feel the happiness radiating off of her.

"Um, so..." Leo said awkwardly letting out a cough and running his hands through his curly hair.

"So....." Lyssa said awkwardly and I swore I could've stabbed my self to death with a spoon and it would've taken less time then these two were taking to get to the point.

"Do you wanna hang out Friday?" Leo asked and Lyssa's eyes widened and I feared that she wouldn't be able to form words.

"Uh.... Um..." She stuttered and i stepped in.