Chapter 11 (Answers? I guess...)

The next morning I woke up to my phone buzzing. It wasn't like it was insanely loud or anything but I had this weird thing where if my phone buzzed my attention snapped straight to it and I instantly had to check it.

So at around 6:30 in the morning I was awakened by a text from Elise.

'Meet me by the shore in 20'

I sighed and contemplated how much I actually wanted to hear about what had happened with Bethany or if I didn't actually care that much. After much thought I groaned and threw my covers off before getting out of bed.

I threw on some acceptable clothes and noticed a bag of makeup in my trunk. I cautiously opened it and found a note inside.

'Thought you might want some. Everyone got a bag so I wrote some instructions on a card if you want to put it on yourself... Come to my cabin tomorrow tonight for a meeting where we'll be going shopping! xoxoxo kisses! ~Bethany'

I put the note aside and found the card with instructions and then the bottles containers with numbers on them. I read the note card and step by step followed the instructions starting with foundation and ending with clear lipgloss. After I was done with my makeup I put on an outfit that I think Bethany wouldn't have hated and I left my cabin.

I checked my phone and was surprised my makeup only took 15 minutes considering it was my first time. Getting dressed had only taken like 3 so I had about 2 minutes to make it to the shore so I would be almost on time.

When I arrived at the shore it was easy to find Elise. I waved to get her attention and when she saw me she waved back standing up.

"Hey Lillian" She said with a smile walking up to me.

"Hi" I said kind of awkwardly.

"You look even prettier today then you did yesterday did you do something different?" She asked me.

I wasn't sure if Elise was trying to compliment me or insult me but she seemed to be trying to compliment me so I took it in that way.

"Yeah I tried some makeup today" I admitted.

She nodded "You look very nice Lillian".

I nodded and we fell back into an awkwardness again.

"So you're probably wondering about what happened with Bethany" She sighed after a minute.

I nodded.

"Yeah I mean, she's only shown me kindness and she's helped me with some things. I just can't imagine her being as terrible as everyone has said she is" I admitted.

Elise gave me a small smile.

"I'm glad that she's being nice to someone but I think it's only fair that I warn you that she may stab you in the back" Elise said to me seriously.

I slowly nodded a little skeptic as to where this was going.

"Why would she stab me in the back?" I asked Elise.

Elise bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows and I presumed that this must have been her thinking face.

"She isn't one to tell the truth. Or to treat people nicely so all I'm saying is that she might be manipulating you" She said to me.

I felt anger flare up inside me but I contained it.

Why was I even listening to Elise in the first place? I mean I hated this girl and suddenly here I was actually listening to her 'advice'. I felt a need to defend Bethany, I mean sure Bethany was an airhead and I didn't completely trust her, but she had still shown me nothing but generosity and kindness. She had shown me a lot more friendliness than Elise had ever before. So now this pampered little princess wanted to tell me Bethany was a bitch? No way in hell was I listening to this shit without an explanation.