Chapter 8 ( Befriending the Hot Head)

The next morning, we all packed up our stuff and dropped it off at our cabins before we all made our ways down to breakfast with our cabins, and continued our days as we normally do. Well, most of us.

I, on the other hand, had found the first excuse I could to get started on my personal project. I decided I was going to start with Leo, seeing as though he seemed more approachable then Jason, and then I would start becoming friendly with Jason.

So when John "accidentally" sawed my bunk in half I wasn't too pissed off.

I mean, obviously I was pissed off beyond belief, but not to the point I was going to sever limbs off of his body and then feed them to him while he bleeds out.

Not quite.

"You asshole!" I screamed when I found out what he had done..

John just smirked and pretended to have no clue as to what I was talking about.

"Annabeth!" I shouted and John sat up a little straighter but didn't show many signs of fear.

I heard her mumble in acknowledge and I sighed stomping over to her bunk.

"Can I run down to the Hephaestus cabin to find someone who can help fix my bunk?" I asked her.

Annabeth sighed and looked up from the drawing she was working on.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" She asked apologetically.

I mentally sighed trying to contain my impatience.

"Can I run down to the Hephaestus cabin to find someone who can help fix my bunk?" I repeated this time having to use a great deal of effort to not sound like I wanted to stab everyone in the room.

Annabeth cocked an eyebrow at me.

"How is your bunk broken?" She asked me.

This was the moment I truly had to think. Did I want to rat John out or did I want to just ignore the fact he destroyed my bed because it did benefit me.

"It seems the top bunk collapsed onto my bottom bunk, causing it to collapse as well" I said and Annabeth eyes widened.

"Oh yes, definitely go get Leo" she said to me, nodding and standing up herself to go take a look at my bed.

I smiled and hurried out of the cabin making my way down to the forges, where I knew Leo would be.
------------------------------------

As I approached the forges, I felt the heat wash over me. I knocked quickly on the iron door, because it was almost to the temperature where it could burn me.

It took a minute for the door to open.

"Come in!" Leo called from his workstation.

I looked around him and no one else was down here which was strange for the forges.

"What's up?" He asked me without turning around.

By the casualness of his voice, I could tell he thought I was someone else.

"Umm.." I said not really sure what I was supposed to be doing down here again. Ugh, this heat was definitely getting to me.

Leo stood up a little straighter and put down what ever he was working on down, then turned around to look at me.

"Who are you?" Leo asked.

I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes. I had run into the kid just a couple days ago and he didn't even remember getting his ass handed to him. Still, considering it was Leo it was probably normal.