Chapter 5 (Just Hanging Out)

I woke up the next morning surprisingly on my own.

A couple of my siblings were starting to stir at the same time as me so that meant that I could get rest and then finish this book I've been reading.

After I got ready I opened my book and started reading all around me my siblings were getting up and starting to get ready.

I heard a buzz come from next to me and I scavenged through the pile of sheets, papers, and Candy wrappers till I found my phone.
.

I turned it on and noticed I had a text from Bethany.

'Remember to pack your stuff for tonight!

- xoxo Bethany!'

I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off.

Bethany could be okay but you wouldn't have to wait for someone to tell you what cabin she's from you'd be able to tell just by having a conversation with her.

I put my phone down and then looked around my cabin and I noticed that most of my siblings had all finished getting ready.

"Breakfast in 5!" Annabeth called to my remaining siblings who were rushing to finish getting ready.

I sighed and started to clean up my things making sure to put them all away.

I had actually picked up my bunk fairly well, for my standards at least, by the time Annabeth called us all together to go down to the pavilion for breakfast.

When we arrived at the dining pavilion social activities were at an annoying high.

I sighed and tried to make my way to the breakfast buffet politely but, to no avail, I was pushed out of the way and stuck reassessing the situation.

'Did I really need food that much?' I thought.

'I mean I could probably wait around until lunch to eat something...' I started to think.

My thoughts were interrupted by a grumbling noise coming from my stomach.

Well guess that answered my question.

I sighed and then decided that if I was going to get food I was definitely going to have to fight for it.

I shoved through a hoard of now unhappy campers and finally reached the buffet table.

I happily placed the food on my plate as a group of unhappy campers shot me death glares from behind me.

I ignored them as I made my way back to my seat.

Today most of my siblings had gotten over the whole accidentally dropping the rubix cube in the lava wall but a select few, that were definitely closer to John than they were to me, were staring daggers at me.

I tried to ignore them as I ate my food but when John came to sit down and he looked at me as if I had murdered his puppy I had decided that I had, had enough of his stupid dramatics.

I had tried apologizing to the egotistical dirtbag but every time I did I was either cut off or literally cut.

So, I grabbed my food and carried it over to the Demeter table.

As I aproached the campers gave me some odd looks but I didn't pay much attention to them.

"Hey Lyssa?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She looked up from her fruit salad and her eyes brightened.

"Hey Lily! What's up?" She asked enthusiastically.