Chapter 18 (Truth or Dare)

We all got ready in the Demeter cabin that night and I could tell that both Aaron and Lyssa were both very nervous.

"Should I wear the lavender blouse with my white lace skirt? And then these lavender flats?" Lyssa asked us and we nodded.

"Yeah that'll look really cute on you Lys" I said and Lyssa smiled.

"Great I'll change now" she said hurriedly changing into we outfit.

"What should I wear?" Aaron asked biting her lip and looking at the clothes she had brought.

I looked through all the clothes and felt myself a little dissapointed in my fashion sense. Quite honestly all the clothes just looked like clothes and I had no clue what to match with what.

"Try the mint crop top, the white cardigan, the bleached cut off jean shorts, and he mint vans" Lyssa said pulling the blouse over her head.

I looked at Lyssa's completed outfit and couldn't help but notice how cute she looked.

"You look really nice Lyssa" I said and she smiled.

"Thanks Lillian" she said smiling bright.

I noticed Aaron had pulled on the outfit Lyssa had instructed her to. Once she was done she looked at us for her opinions and we both nodded.

"You look hot Aaron" I said and she laughed.

"Thanks Lian" she said smiling before turning to look at herself in a mirror.

"Do I really look okay?" She asked again for confirmation and Lyssa and I nodded.

"You look very pretty Aaron" Lyssa confirmed and Aaron let out a wide Canoe smile.

"Alright" she said nodding at her reflection.

Both Aaron and Lyssa looked beautiful and I had a good feeling about tonight.

"What are you going to wear?" They asked me and I looked down at the outfit I currently had on.

My camp shirt and some jeans, I hadn't really experimented much with what Bethany had given me. I wasn't too confident wearing some of the tops she had given me. Most of them revealed almost all of the little cleavage I had and it made me feel.... slutty. SO I had pretty much stuck with my regular style while still putting on makeup and trying different things with my hair.

"I was planning on this" I said gesturing to my outfit and Lyssa and Aaron looked at each other. 

"But Lil, isn't Nico going to be there?" Lyssa said and I nodded.

"Yeah, so?" I said not really seeing where she was going.

"So... don't you want to dress up a little to catch his attention?" Aaron asked and I looked down at my outfit, reassessing it.

It was plain, but it was me. Was I really going to change my outfit to impress some boy?

Even if that boy was one I felt strongly about and that I really wanted to notice me....

NO FOCUS LILLIAN.

"I don't know guys, I thought you aren't supposed to change for a guy" I said pointing out a clear rule of feminism. Lyssa started to take my comment into consideration but Aaron didn't have to think twice before answering.

"Of course it is, but dressing nicely in your own style isn't changing for a guy it's simply showing him how nice you can look" Aaron argued and I realized that she did have a point.

"Well.... I guess so, but I don't even feel comfortable in anything that Bethany gave me. I feel like I should be standing out on a street corner" I mumbled and Lyssa laughed.