Chapter 19 (Family Bonds)

The next morning I awoke to the oxygen being stopped from entering my body due to a blockage caused by a pillow.

"FHBFNMSJSDJNJM!" I screamed as John held the pillow over my mouth.

"Shut up you stupid little bitch" He spat and held the pillow down harder. I started kicking and squirming trying to resist but John was stronger than me and there was no way I'd be able to push him off of me.

I could see him and I could tell he wasn't looking at me. I felt my eyes water as I stared at my brother who was trying to kill me. As much as we hated each other I never thought he'd go this far as to kill me. If I could've breathed I would've sobbed but instead all I did was cry while I struggled.

John didn't look at me and I started to find it harder and harder to struggle at all. My lungs were begging for some kind of aid but they received nothing.

I stared at my older brother silently begging him to stop, begging my mom to make him stop. But either my mother wasn't listening to prayers coming from her own cabin or she frankly didn't care.

"What's going on in here?" I heard a familiar voice say. John looked over at the door eyes wide with fear and I took that as my opportunity to throw the pillow off of my face.

As soon as it was off I fell to the floor gasping for air and hugging my stomach. I looked up at Nico who looked like he was about to murder someone.

"Nothing, you can go you little emo freak" John muttered and Nico lost it. He pulled his Stygian iron sword out of its sheath and pointed it straight at John's throat.

"I'm going to ask you again, what's going on in here?" Nico asked his voice scarily low. It sent chills down my body and not in a good way. It made me feel like I was being watched by a ghost.

"Making the world a better place" John spat towards me.

I looked at him wide eyed and put my hand to my throat, my chest still heaving from the lack of oxygen.

"You son of a" Nico started but stopped when Annabeth woke up.

She looked confused when she saw me on the floor John up against the wall and Nico with his sword pointed at John's throat.

"John was shoving a pillow in Lillian's face" he said to Annabeth a look of disgust on his face.

I was still panting a little but I was able to punch myself up onto my knees.

Annabeth's eyes widened and she hurried over to me wrapping my in her arms and hugging me.

"Oh my gods, Lillian. Are you alright?" She asked me the worry evident in her tone. I nodded feeling a little awkward at the sign of affection Annabeth was showing me.

She pulled away from me and looked at John with a horrified expression.

"Why? Why would you do this to Lillian?" She asked him the confusion, disappointment, and anger all morphed into one negative expression.

John scoffed but didn't answer making Annabeth sigh.

"What gives you the right to hurt any camper let alone Lily?" Nico asked John piercing his sword into John's neck, drawing a little blood.

John sneered at Nico turning  his chin up a little higher and I saw Nico's nostrils flare in rage. I had never seen him so angry, his entire body was tense and he was giving of this aura that frightened me.

"Answer me god dammit!" Nico shouted stabbing the sword a little deeper causing John to  gasp.

"She's a demon, we're all trained to kill demons" John protested but that only made Nico madder.