Hurt

It's a gloomy day when she decides to go to their company to practice for their upcoming concert.

Walking inside the company, everyone smiles at her and greets her warmly. Being at this company feels like being at home, but after thinking about it, she sighed.

As soon as she was inside the company, their CEO called her. She already knew what it was for. She knocks on the door before entering and sits down in the chair in front of the office table.

"Wheeinsih", their CEO smiles after seeing her.

"Annyeong Oppa"

"So you already decided? Are you sure about that? Don't worry, we won't pressure you... You know, we will support your decision, aren't we? Because we're family."

Her face became serious and a bit sad. She knew this was coming. After a week of thinking, she decided not to renew her contract with their company. She loves the company so much, but she also wants to explore more and grow as a solo artist like other members.

She didn't renew her contract but she signed with the company that she still goes with Mamamoo when promoting their group and other group activities. In short, her solo career is with a different company, but she's still been part of their group.

After signing and talking to the CEO, she headed to their practice room. Everyone is already there as usual. Hyejin saw her and immediately ran to her to hug her. She saw her best friend's big smile looking at her and began to be clingy towards her. She showed an annoyed face at her but smiled afterward. Being with her makes her life better. They share almost half of their lives, share the same dream, and achieving this with her makes her grateful.

She was looking at her best friend and the other members of the group. She was scared to tell them that she was leaving the company, especially Hyejin. She was scared she would hurt her. She knows that she will be part of the group, but she also knows that their group activities will be less than unlikely when they are both in the same company.

She was preoccupied when Solar unnie called her. She has already fixed herself up and joined them to practice for their concert.

It's the last day of their preparation for their concert. Tomorrow will be the biggest day for them.

...

In the morning before their concert, Hyejin walked into the corridor of their agency when their CEO called her. They were inside the CEO's office when their CEO started to talk.

"Yah Hyejinah, is Wheein already telling you about her contract?" She looks at him, confused.

"I already guess not," their CEO said, with a worried face.

"Why did she already sign her contract?" She waited for the answer, but their CEO kept quiet and looked at her.

Looking at him, she could already guess the answer. She sighed, "She didn't sign her contract, didn't she?" She saw him nod.

The atmosphere became too heavy and no one of them was talking. She looks at him and smiles a bit. "She didn't tell me, ha?" she chuckles.

"Hyejinah, she probably didn't tell you because she didn't want you to be hurt by her decision."

"Do the unnies know about it?"

"Unfortunately, like you, I already told them earlier about it, but it's Wheein's request. Hyejin, I know you want to be with Wheein all the time, but she has already decided so..."

"I know I can't decide for her, I'm happy for her she's doing what's the best for her... she's growing now." She fought back her tears as she stood up and exited the room.