Be love

She was near the school when there were a bunch of men at the gate waiting for her.

They were holding some flowers and chocolate. "Oh god, here we go again." She whispered to herself.

She smiled when the men went to her and gave her flowers and chocolate. Many men want her to be their girlfriend, but she always says no to them. However, they don't want to stop until she chooses someone.

She's smiling at them, but her eyes land on someone. She was looking at them, then after a second, she left. She immediately bows to the men and says she needs to go to her class now.

"Wheeinah, take care hwaiting!" The men cheer her on, and that makes everyone look at her. She became the center of attention. She felt embarrassed and walked away.

Finally, she was in front of their room. She took a deep breath before entering. Her eyes immediately spotted someone who was sitting in the back, in the corner of the room. She was cold as ice. Her eyes were closed as if she was sleeping, but suddenly the woman opened her eyes and landed on her. Their eyes met. She quickly looked away and went to her chair.

She grabbed her phone in her pocket, then Byul appeared in front of her, snatching her phone.

"Yah! I saw that." Byul smirked.

She knew what it meant. She tells her to be quiet, but she keeps teasing her. Moments later, someone came in, and Byul went back to her chair.

...

The bell rang; it's time for lunch. She was fixing her things when a man approached her.

"Hi Wheein, I...I just want to give you this." She handed her a bracelet; it looked expensive since the man in front of her looked like a rich billionaire.

She looks at the man who's smiling at her. He looks kind, but she doesn't want to accept his gift for her. It's kind of too much.

She didn't know what to say. Luckily, Byul saved her. Byul grabbed the bracelet in her hand. "Yah! Daebak! It's a beautiful bracelet, but sadly, it looks like she doesn't want it. If that's so, can I have it instead? Is that okay with you, handsome man?" The man was stunned and didn't know what to say.

Byul looks at her and smiles. She grabs her hands and pulls her away. However, they stop. "Gomawo, for this, don't worry; I will keep it on behalf of her and, if you want, I can give you my number instead." She laughs at her friend's act.

"You save me, gomawo Byul-ah." She clings to her arms.

"Aishh, it's okay, I save you, but it benefits me. Look, it's expensive as hell, and I know you. You only want one person." Even if that's true, she shrugs.

As they walked into the canteen, they saw a bunch of students filling the whole canteen. The line is also long. Maybe before they could even get food, they were starving to death.

They were waiting patiently, but it looked like the line didn't move at all. She's hungry and Byul keeps bothering her.

A few seconds later, she feels someone tap her shoulder. She looked at who it was and saw a woman in front of them holding a tray of food.

The woman looked at her and tried to give her the tray, but she was confused. "Hey, you're Wheein right?" The woman asked.

She nods. "So yes, here it's for you and for your friend." She still didn't get what she was saying. Meanwhile, Byul gets the tray for her.

"Yah! You're so slow. She means that it's for you and maybe someone give it to you so that you don't need to wait to get some food. Am I right, miss?" Byul asked the woman in front of them. She saw her nods, "Oh yes! You're right. Someone wanted me to give you this. I forgot to say, but yes, it's from someone." The woman smiles, but before she leaves, she asks her who gave her the food.

The woman pointed at someone and then walked away. She looked in the direction she was pointing and saw her looking at them. She saw Byul smirk at her. She knew what was inside her head.

They sat down at a vacant table, and Byul put the tray in front of them.

"It looks like we have a delicious meal and it looks like you're blushing." Byul laughs when she looks at her angrily.

Byul picks some fruits and eats them. "I know you're giggling inside because finally you got her attention after so many years of trying, but you need to eat, or else I will eat it all."

She hid her smile and looked at where she was again, but she was gone. After they finish eating, she tells Byul to go back first because she will go to the restroom for a while.

After that, she went back straight to their room. She looked around trying to find her, but she didn't see her. Byul walks towards her and smirks. "Looking for someone?" She rolled her eyes and went to her chair.

She heard Byul laugh. "Yah, you're so obvious, Jung Wheein. If you're looking at her, she's not here. Someone called her, and if I were you, I would tell her immediately that you love her, or else you know what I mean." She suddenly became serious when she finally realized what Byul was saying.

In a few moments, the class starts again, but her mind can't focus. Several hours had passed, but she hadn't seen Hyejin. She hadn't come back yet.

She was thinking that if Byul was right, she'd been in love with Hyejin since she came to this place, but Hyejin didn't see her the way she saw her and now she's afraid that all of those years will end in a painful way.

However, she's praying that Hyejin was feeling the same way about her and thinking what happened earlier at the canteen might make her hope stronger.

Their class has finished. She's fixing herself and getting her bag so she can go home early. Byul said to her earlier that she couldn't go with her because she had plans, so she was alone.

She was walking, and every man passing by in front of her greeted her. She was used to this, but it was kind of weird when Byul wasn't on her side.

She was about to leave when a man started to walk beside her. He looks at her and smiles. "You wouldn't mind if I were walking beside you, right?"

She nods. "Yeah, it's okay, I don't mind."

He chuckled. "I see, you're kind of used to it, right? Don't worry, I'm not here because I want you to be my girlfriend as well. It is just that I do a favor for someone, and that is to make sure that the woman she loves is okay until she comes back."

She wanted to clarify what he was saying, but someone from behind was making some noises that distracted her attention. She looked at what it was and saw a woman riding a motorbike.

"Oh, here she is. I guess I've got to go."

The woman on her motorbike stopped in front of her. Hyejin looks at the man beside her and says, "Thank you, man. You can go now." The man leaves without looking back.

Hyejin looked at her. "Hey, Jung Gureum. It hasn't been long since I joined this school, so you may not know this..." She stopped for a bit and looked straight into her eyes. "But I'm ranked first in school, you know?"

She was staring at her and muttered some words. "Be mine."

"Yah, Ahn Dopul," she said after a brief glance to the people looking at them. "Get yourself together. This is not a school but an old folks' community club." She smirks and smiles. She has loved her since then, and now Hyejin loves her back.

Hyejin laughs. "Hey, get on my motorbike."

She hides her smile before she rides the motorbike with her. When she gets on the motorbike, Hyejin grabs her hands and puts them around her waist.

"Hold tightly to me so you don't fall for others."

She chuckles after hearing what she has said. "It's so cringe. I don't know you're like this."

"Tsk, whatever. Let's go. I will take you home."

She smiled genuinely and held onto her when she drove away. This is all we want: to be loved back by someone we love.

...