29: Incomplete

Grey's POV

~~~

"And the winner is Caster!" Will shouts, grabbing my wrist, thrusting it above my head.

"Alright, Will, I gotta go," I exhale, a bit exhausted. I fist bumped my opponent and nodded. He was pretty solid, not gonna lie about that. "I do have pressing matters to attend to," I mutter as I crouch out of the ring, grabbing my back and towel off the bench, heading to the locker rooms.

"Well, I guess we have to celebrate your 100th win without you!" Will laughs as everyone in the gyms cheers. Of course they'd be ecstatic for a reason to get get drunk.

I roll my eyes, "You enjoy that. Save me a slice of pizza for tomorrow."

Will appears behind me quietly, "What makes you think I will? Hmm?"

I whip my head back, my ponytail smacking him across his face. I eye him warningly, "No Starbucks until I move for college," I spit out in aa whisper.

His back straightens up and he rushes back to the group of sweaty party animals. "Caster is getting her own pizza we NEED to save for tomorrow. Otherwise, we will all die."

The crowd seemed to agree with that, not wanting to risk their life. Meanwhile they get to enjoy me beautiful winning record of Rand & Co. Gym, I'm prepping to return back to school tomorrow. I groan at the thought, not really wanting to deal with high school anymore. My college applications are in, senioritis is hitting hard, why do I need to keep going again? Oh yeah, I still need to graduate.

You get to see Tristan in class again. My mind teases me and I shake my head, returning to my truck. My lips still tingled after that kiss, I'm not sure why. Maybe I imagined my own New Year's fireworks in the background?

I take out my new phone from my gym bag before putting it in the backseat. Yenna isn't usually really good at keeping her promises but she did hold out on this one at least. I don't mind the upgrade honestly, I just need to go shopping for a phone case which is fine by me anyway.

My phone has been full of missed notifications, some from the boys chat with that horrible name. One of those missed notifications was from my mom - which is rare. A chill courses through my whole body and I rush to read the message. Come home.

I don't think I ever drove as fast as I did until that moment. Here I'm thinking the worst possible issues, stemming from all these life-threatening issues we've seen in the last few months. My heart sinks when I see a police car parked in my driveway. I can't even recall if I turned off the truck before sprinting out of it, bursting through the front door. Sitting in the living room were both my parents and two male officers. 

One of them steps forward, "Grey I presume?" I silently nod, stunned to see them in my house. "Nothing to worry about too much, just take a seat please." 

I followed his instructions mutely, deciding to take the arm chair to the left of my parents on the sofa. I could see the younger officer's eyebrow raise confused. I couldn't bother to feed into his questions, my attention solely focused on the officer who had me sit on the couch. His name badge read "Johnson".

"Glad you could make it Grey, but there was really no rush needed. Not sure what your parents said," he leans back a little bit to help give me the idea that we could relax. 

"I haven't gotten a text from them in months so I was concerned regardless," I say flatly. 

He nods, getting the idea. The younger officer's expression changed to that of understanding. I didn't dare to see if the doctors were even looking at me after that. "Got it. Well, I'm sure you've heard quite a lot of rumors of the deaths of Jackson and Marina? Being that you are from the same school."