8: Psychic Aunts

Ryan's POV

~~~

"Can I get that break yet," I asked Canelo breathing heavily, leaning against the wall gripping the water bottle in my hand tighter.

"Yeah sure, I'll give you five minutes. You still got a ways to go though," he shrugged and walked away.

"You're doing great you know," Kyle said.

"Yeah right!" I said sarcastically. I was doing horrible and my stamina sucks. What am I doing to myself?

"Honestly, you are. I did some research on your little training program. I found it on this website and he actually compiled multiple daily workouts to one. Not only that, he also increased the amount of time and reps while getting rid of break time."

I stare at this one spot on the ground and my breathing returns to a normal pace, "So, I'm doing multiple daily workouts in one day?"

"Yep."

"And I do them longer with shorter breaks?"

"Yep, did you hear anything I said-"

"I'm a fucking badass!" I jump back from the wall and I look at Kyle with an ecstatic face, which he returned with laughter. "Hey, don't laugh."

"I told you that you were doing great, but you didn't believe me," Kyle shrugged.

I waved him off and Parker walks in, taking his usual seat behind Kyle near the hall to leave. "What are you doing here, Park?"

"Got bored," he replied dully. He sounded distant. Oh well.

"Well, you'll probably be just as bored here watching me," I laughed a bit.

"Come on, Tanner, let's get back to work."

"Okay, okay," I smiled and went to the large workout space on the blood red mat.

"Finish your workout for the day," Canelo ordered.

I started to repeat my workout program to myself, "Jumping Jacks: 1 minute -rest, Side Leg Rises: 1 minute -rest, Toe Tap Hops: 1 minute -rest, Lunge Step-Ups: 1 minute -rest, Plank Rises: 1 minute -rest, Climbers: 1 minute -rest, Plank Jacks: 1 minute -rest." For each thing I repeated, I did it, counting sixty seconds before taking another sixty second rest between each exercise. I started to notice a sudden improvement with my stamina, I didn't feel the need to take that long of a break. I'm probably just hyped up on adrenaline. What ever it is, it feels great.

*No I know for a fact it isn't drugs. Screw that shit, I only drink and smoke that good shit. No drugs, kids.*

I started my second rep of the set, my adrenaline lasted until I got to the 7th rep of the set. My heart heated quickly and I feel it pounding, knocking against my ribcage. Damn thing wants to break free. My throat was dry and coarse and it sucked. I downed the rest of my water after the end of my 7th set in the one minute rest. Come on, I can do this! I thought to try and encourage myself. There's two weeks until the tournament, and there's only two reps after this one, I go this far. That's a good energy booster. I completed the rest of the sets completely exhausted by the end. I collapsed to the ground and just looked at the hideous ceiling. Cannel's round face hovered over me, "You did good, kid. Kyle, Parker, bring him home and let him rest up." They grunted and helped get me up. Canelo put a hand on my shoulder, "Because of how well you did, the next two weeks we'll focus on boxing, got it?" I could hardly nod so Parker moved my head to nod instead.

"He said, 'Thank fucking god.'" Parker said with a smile almost reading my mind. Yeah, thank fucking god, I'm done with this torture. Torture Stage Two up next. Wait...should I be thankful? Shit, shit, shit, wait, no. Fuck. We were already in the jeep. Huh, that was fast. Oh well, nap time...