18: Separation

Ryan's POV

~~~

I sit in my living room as Auntie Danielle sits in front of the TV. It's playing The Price Is Right. Although she can't hear or see a thing, I guess it comforts her to know it's on. One of the shows my grandma used to watch all the time. Wish I could go there. I could really use a new car.

And new friends.

I groan putting my head in my hands. I know I fucked up. I really do know that. But I can't help it. I needed the help. I need a lot of things right now. I look up again at my aunt, the only person who ever really took care of me because my parents were douchebags and selfish cunts.

But what I said to Kyle about Grey's brother...once I said it, that was way too far. God dammit that was really bad. I can't believe I actually said that... Kyle must hate me. Grey even more so. I feel terrible about it but there really isn't anything I can do. I can't stop it.

I look over at my aunt's face, her eyes closed as she was at peace. I remember everything prior to her and I wish I didn't.

~~~

I look at my mom, "Wait what are you talking about?"

My mom was a beautiful woman, but that woman wasn't a mother. "Your dad and I are getting a divorce."

"I know that, but why?"

"Nothing to worry about. You just go upstairs and start packing your things. I want to get you out of the house."

I look at her in shock. "What?"

"You heard me," she looks at me with blank, cold blue eyes then sighs. "Fine, I'll get your suitcases." She leaves, letting me stand in the kitchen, 30 minutes before school starts. And I'm expected to back all of my belongings into 2 suitcases?! I glared at her fleeting figure.

How could someone treat their kid like that? 

I stormed after her and push her away from my suitcase, "Don't touch my stuff!"

"Hey, I wasted my money on that peace of shit, I can do as I please," she snaps. Her bleach blonde hair whips back around to throwing the two suitcases on to my bed. I never had fancy covers with cars or sports on them, just the cheapest comforter out there....even though they were both wealthy.

I glared at her shoving her away from my bag, "Go away."

"Fine," she huffs. "Just be done in an hour. I have a court hearing today." She leaves my small gray room and I sigh in relief. I really didn't like her.

My mother, Julia Hayworth (she didn't even take my dad's name when they married). She was young, she had me at 18. She was 29 now, but she looked like a college stripper. I've been exposed to a lot and I'm only 11. I shake my head at how pathetic it is. 

My dad, Henry Tanner, is a wealthy traveling business man doing who-the-hell-knows. He knocked my mother up when he was 24. Now he is a "strapping" and "courteous gentleman" at 35. He was tall, hopefully I can be taller than him, I want to be above his eye level. I want him to look up when finding my eyes. He had brown hair and green eyes and tan olive skin. I always saw women stare at him, and talk to him, mainly flirt with him. And he would do it back. I only saw his wedding ring on a few times. I don't know why them splitting up surprises me.

Wait, no it really doesn't .

They never spent much time together, my dad was always going around the world. Honestly, at this point, I don't think I would be surprised at all if he was a pimp or had some part in strip clubs and human trafficking. He's just that kind of guy.