13: Televised

Grey's POV

~~~

After spending the next 4 hours with Kevin in the hospital, he had to go for some more x-rays and tests. He was not excited about it. 

But after hearing about Patrick being a donor, I guess I feel more at peace with that night. As much as I will forever hate it and it was a day that ruined me, it's calming to know that Patrick lives in a way. 

I got another text from Tristan within the last hour and I read it. 

So how does Johnny Rockets sound? Not really in the mood  for pizza haha

I chuckle, Yeah that's good, I haven't been in the mood for pizza since the first week of soccer lol

Sounds good, I'll pick you up at your house in like an hour, okay?

Yep! See you soon :)

Once I got home, I got a drink of water, exhausted. The thought of tonights match swirled in my head. It was a nightmare. Will's warning didn't help it either. I have to win in mere minutes... how the hell am I going to do that? Ugh!  Maybe fighting the tournament wasn't the greatest idea that I've ever had. But who would've thought this would happen? Certainly not I. I brushed off tonight's match by going to my room and changing into something a little nicer, even though it's just a date at Johnny Rockets.

"What to wear...what to wear..." I mutter as I scan through my clothes. I pull out a pair of black jeans and a classic jean color pair, followed by two shirt - a yellow tank crop top and a pale pink bodysuit. I stare at it on my bed for a minute before putting away the blue jeans and yellow top. I change, grab a black leather jacket, and slip on my white sneakers. Wait! My choker! I grab a black velvet choker and put it on, proud of myself. I fix my glasses and hair before hearing the doorbell ring.

I run down and open the door smiling at the blond boy, Tristan. "Hey," I smiled.

"Wow, uh hi. You look nice," he looks down visibly embarrassed by his simple T-shirt, khakis, and Sperry's. 

"Thank you, so do you."

He scratches at his neck, "Are you all set?" I nodded in response. "Great, then let's get going." I followed him to his car and shortly after we left, we got our food and were eating peacefully. It was nice. I feel so relaxed for once. And lord do I need that for tonight...

"Grey?"

"Yeah?" I look up from my fries.

"Is the food okay? You've been staring at it for quite sometime."

"Oh!" I laugh a little, "Yeah, I'm good, just zoned out a little. Sorry."

"No worries!" he smiles. Cute. "So I have a quick question."

"Shoot." I take a bite out of my burger.

"Why don't you dress up like this to school? And lose the glasses for contacts?" 

I finish chewing my food before responding. "Well, I don't feel the need to dress up. And I really don't like contacts, the thought of putting something in my eye freaks me out a little," I explained.

"Monday, dress up a little. Then those three idiots might not be so rude to you."

I laugh, "I doubt that will happen."

"No seriously," he looks at me. I never seen that much, I don't know, enthusiasm? I never saw that much enthusiasm in his eyes. "You will stop it all. No one will say anything bad, or try to start things. You are beautiful, Grey. Honestly, the most beautiful girl in the school. You aren't fake beauty. You have this charming beauty that's almost intoxicating. The guys on the team see it, too, though we all know you don't. And I can't see how. I just want to see a little more confidence in yourself because you are amazing."